Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Great to see Hans on board yet again.

Hans Zimmer, who else?

Yes! Can't wait.

I know some of you might object to this idea but I would like them to work together 4ever

Honestly, this is the first time I've ever wanted Zimmer to return with Nolan. I've always wanted Nolan to stretch out with his choices for composers, but I guess this'll be a new Spielberg/Williams pairing, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all.

Expected but very exciting nonetheless.

Obviously Hans had to return. With every film they are upping the ante on the score, and this project looks something different for Nolan, so I'm really looking forward to what the two of them brew up this time. Ever since Batman, the music of Chris' films gets more and more monumental. Inception's music was huge, then The Dark Knight Rises was even bigger, even more bombastic, and with Interstellar they went even beyond that.

Not to over-analyze it, but it's really interesting to think about how Hans' music evolved through the Nolan-movies. The first two Batman-films featured a loud and dramatic score of course, and they laid the groundwork down for Hans' later compositions, but I think it was Inception where his music went from action-packed to monumental. Then came TDKR that featured a flat-out bombastic war score, but when it came to the bigger tracks, it lacked the sentiments - on purpose! But that turned around in Interstellar where the cosmic score was highly interwoven with emotions and humanity. I wonder if this film, Dunkirk will choose the less emotional, more "spectacular", monumental path that was featured in TDKR and in Inception imho (I know, I know, there's Time that is overly emotional, but I'm talking about the general texture of the score), or whether it will continue on Interstellar's chosen path. Obviously it depends on what type of film this will be. Hell, it may even turn out that this is a smaller film, like The Prestige. Haha, just kidding!

Or it just will be something original and still divine as always with Chris/Hans partnership.

looking forward to reading critics bash those relentlessly loud war drum cues

hooray

Cilogy wrote:looking forward to reading critics bash those relentlessly loud war drum cues

hooray
brrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmm