Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Listening to this track a few times now and I realize that it's really quite brilliant. With one track you can see why Zimmer is getting rave reviews for his score from the extremely few who have seen the film.

Oku

Definitely not, since it's on the album. But they are giving it away with tickets, so it kinda is lol. It's just they could've put the whole album up for pre-order and made the track available to purchase.

There's no announcement but I really REALLY hoping for a digital release. It will be released on vinyl in October. I had fears that the score will be as short as Inception (one LP/vinyl), this one is a double vinyl release so I think that might an indicator that there will be more music available than we originally thought.

Edit: time to debunk my own theory. Interstellar vinyl release had 72 minutes of music. A CD can fit about 74 minutes.
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 8th, 2017, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oku
Maybe it's a different version with the same track name. :P

You never know, Mr. Zimmer is always looking for new ways to confuse us.

This track is fucking epic.

nice that it's on spotify

Zimmer actually sampled Nolan's stopwatch for the score! *mind blown*

You should probably post it in the fanart thread.

AhmadAli95 wrote:Reminds of when Colin Trevorrow said that he finds it weird to shoot period movies digitally.
One of my favorite WWII scores is Steven Price's Fury. Beautiful melancholic melodies and it features some electronics too. Not as much as this one tho. Also, this guy really knows how to make sonically pleasing scores.

Edit: When you think about it you'll see how Nolan & Zimmer are always trying to go against expectations. Instead of a heavy electronic score for Interstellar, they went with a more organic sound. And now an electronic score instead of a classical one for Dunkirk.
Absolutely agree on it.