Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Insomniac wrote:I'm sure the full recording sessions will leak at some point.

They almost always do with Zimmer scores for some reason.
And thank god for that, otherwise I would never have some of my favorite tracks thanks to his terrible consumer releases..

"Variation 15" and "Home" for me are the best tracks. So emotionally satisfying when tied to the images on screen. Zimmer and Nolan work so well together. :gonf:

So why did Zimmer not write an original theme for Variation 15 and End Titles?

Bacon wrote:So why did Zimmer not write an original theme for Variation 15 and End Titles?
Nolan.
At Nolan’s suggestion, Zimmer blended into his score an adaptation of “Nimrod,” Edward Elgar’s soaring theme, which Nolan describes as being “as beloved to the English as the story of Dunkirk itself.”

Zimmer brought in composer and orchestrator Benjamin Wallfisch who, together with Nolan and music editor Alex Gibson, “fashioned a modern reworking that grows out of the sights and sounds of the movie,” the director notes. “Hans’s own brass accents intensify the power of the piece. We wanted the score to echo the circumstances of the event we are honoring—a story of survival, and a triumph of a communal effort, as opposed to the heroism of any one individual.

Forum Pro
Law
The soundtrack is good and all but stop overhyping it lol

antovolk wrote:
Bacon wrote:So why did Zimmer not write an original theme for Variation 15 and End Titles?
Nolan.
At Nolan’s suggestion, Zimmer blended into his score an adaptation of “Nimrod,” Edward Elgar’s soaring theme, which Nolan describes as being “as beloved to the English as the story of Dunkirk itself.”

Zimmer brought in composer and orchestrator Benjamin Wallfisch who, together with Nolan and music editor Alex Gibson, “fashioned a modern reworking that grows out of the sights and sounds of the movie,” the director notes. “Hans’s own brass accents intensify the power of the piece. We wanted the score to echo the circumstances of the event we are honoring—a story of survival, and a triumph of a communal effort, as opposed to the heroism of any one individual.
Thank you kind sir

EDIT: But yeah, this is a good score but not something to be freaking out about like Inception or Interstellar's.

Amazing work

anarchy wrote:
RIFA wrote:Fantastic score but I don't think it has any chance of winning the academy award for it. Unless the competition is really weak this year.
If Zimmer couldn't win for Inception/Interstellar, I don't see him winning it next year.
Even if it qualifies, which is doubtful, it's gonna be tough to get the win. Doesn't diminish the score imo tho.

tafnf wrote:Can we expect the entire score to be released/leaked on Paramount website? It happened to Interstellar (btw. the links are still working). http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... start=1380
Well, no bebause Paramount is not involved this time.

6 days and I'll see it myself and I'll finally get a full idea of what's going on.