Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oh thanks!

Lord Shade wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:What booklet if you don't mind me asking?
Production notes.
is this legit?

thrice wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:What booklet if you don't mind me asking?
Production notes.
is this legit?

No. Look at the guy's other videos.

ok. It's pretty good nonetheless

What I find weird/interesting is, the same exact video got posted (some were curious if it's legit) on hans-zimmer.com twice and it got removed each time. Shazam doesn't recognize it. We know credits are about 6-7 minutes so it doesn't match and it sounds nothing like Nimrod to be Variation 15. Don't think it's legit but we'll find out for sure in about 48 hours or even less.
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 19th, 2017, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maaan, this is the second hardest wait for a soundtrack I've ever had. First being the late release of Interstellar. So happy this one is released the same time the film is. All the positive reactions are making it one of the most anticipated Zimmer/Nolan scores. Bring on 21st!

AhmadAli95 wrote:What I find weird/interesting is, the same exact video got posted (some were curious if it's legit) on hans-zimmer.com twice and it got removed each time. Shazam doesn't recognize it. We know credits are about 6-7 minutes so it doesn't match and it sounds nothing like Nimrod to be Variation 15. Don't think it's legit but we'll find out for sure in about 48 hours or even less.
It's fake. 100%.

From my thoughts on Round 2: I'm now even more curious how the album will handle it. I listened to Supermarine a fair number of times after last week, so I had it fairly fresh in mind...but the sound editors don't present anything as you hear on the album. Take Supermarine - that 8 minute track is sped up, slowed down, chopped and pasted all throughout the entire runtime. Listening to it on its own is probably like - an an analogy - watching The Air sections of the film as one without intercutting to The Mole and The Sea. I'd imagine the rest of the score is similar in this way in terms of how the album will present it. All in all, @Yourfavoratemusic is gonna have a hell of a job putting together a 'film version' mix when the time comes!

That's very interesting. I can't remember if it was an interview or an article but I read that Hans wrote most of it to picture compared to his usual Nolan approach which is suite heavy, but what you're saying indicates that the soundtrack album will contain suites instead of actual cues (like Inception). If so, a FYC leak is a must unless the album is well produced and is satisfying.

AhmadAli95 wrote:That's very interesting. I can't remember if it was an interview or an article but I read that Hans wrote most of it to picture compared to his usual Nolan approach which is suite heavy, but what you're saying indicates that the soundtrack album will contain suites instead of actual cues (like Inception). If so, a FYC leak is a must unless the album is well produced and is satisfying.
That's interesting because if Supermarine is to go by, it seems he did the usual suite approach and Nolan's sound editors re edited these radically for the film itself. Think an interview somewhere or the production notes mention that the score as heard in the film is meant to be one long piece. The key really is the 'chopping and screwing' that Nolan's sound editors are doing on this, ESPECIALLY the slow downs/speed ups within cues going along the action on screen.

So that means we probably won't get some of those tempo changes. Supermarine is pretty much the same tempo throughout. This is the only thing that I find disappointing with the suite album approach. Sometimes, the music editors create really interesting variations that don't make it into the album *cough* NTFC *cough*. Forget the whole FYC thing. An isolated 5.1 track would be very nice to have. I also wonder why Hans haven't put out 5.1 versions/selections of his scores like he did with Inception - studios not into it maybe (?). He even hates listening to the stereo versions of his scores.