Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

Benjamin wasn't included on the album's page on hans-zimmer.com which is a very accurate/credible source. So let's wait until the album is out so we get all information and credits. By the way, it's not uncommon to include tracks written by others. The Thin Red Line had two tracks written by other composers. If this news is true, I hope it doesn't affect the score's Oscar nom eligibility.
Last edited by Tarssauce on July 12th, 2017, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm guessing this is the classical piece that is somehow being used in Dunkirk's score.

If "Variation 15 (Dunkirk)" is indeed inspired by a piece from Elgar, would be nice if it's based on this:

AhmadAli95 wrote:"I'm talking to the mighty Christopher Nolan about the mighty @dunkirkmovie and his work with the mighty @HansZimmer 5-7pm @ClassicFM"
https://twitter.com/AndrewCollins/statu ... 1389817856

Listen in guys. A lot of interesting stuff.
Good stuff, thanks

@antovolk, can you confirm whether the music from the main trailer (or any of the marketing besides the prologue) was part of the score? If you're allowed to tell us, that is

Hey fellow Zimmer fans,

I am extremely excited about the dunkirk score. In the next few weeks i have a chance to meet Hans when he is on tour off of a competition that he is hosting. I did a cover of "503" from angels and demons. If you wanna help me out go to this link and like the post. I would be so grateful.

When i win, barring your help, i plan on extensively asking him about his process of writing for the dunkirk score (as well as other) so i can come back here with some juicy juciy info :)

http://indi.com/9439k

thanks for the help :) :)
Last edited by JPiercey21 on July 17th, 2017, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.