Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Innovator wrote:Still, should compliment the scene perfectly.
That's what I'm hoping for. There are bits I LOVE, but then that reoccurring theme towards the mid and the end portions of the track just sound off to me, at least without any visual context.

Ruth wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:
it sounds like TDK

fuk
it really does lol.

and idk I can't say I love certain parts of this
obviously it's missing the Batman theme, but it's got the high intensity ticking type sound and the cello (or whatever it is) that ramps up to an ear piecing peak before breaking - just the way the piece was arranged/when certain sounds come in gave me flashbacks to the opening of TDK
against my better wishes, i listened to it twice, and i think it confirms two things

1. the repetitiveness and length suggests to me this was composed directly to the images on screen
2. we're all going to be deaf by the end of the movie

Did he just copy and paste his Wonder Woman soundtrack onto Dunkirk? :lol:

Listened to it once and that's probably it.

Sounds pretty perfect to me. Not too repetitive to me considering i figured the whole soundtrack would be pretty repetitive due to extended sequences of ticking lol. It's like an alarm constantly going off.

lol so it wasn't just me who made the TDK connections

I'm listening to it as I'm typing right now and honestly I agree the repetitiveness of it does hurt my enjoyment a bit. But I'm pretty confident it won't be an issue during the film (as I'm sure my mind will stay focus more on what's happening on the screen and less on the music).

Ruth wrote:
That's what I'm hoping for. There are bits I LOVE, but then that reoccurring theme towards the mid and the end portions of the track just sound off to me, at least without any visual context.
Because of how long the track is, it gets repetitive since it doesn't change much throughout. It's definitely bombastic, and I thought the ending was chill-inducing, but it should work better with visuals.

I'm surprised at how modern it sounds though, I thought it would have a bit more of a "classical" sound to it, if that makes sense.

I've listened to it at least 3 times already. I have to stop now. :lol:

I'm not the type of person who likes to listen to lengthy tracks, but damn this piece music i can see myself listening to it regularly. It's legit great. It might be 8 minutes long, but it doesn't get too repetitive and outstay it's welcome.

They just dropped this out of nowhere. I feel like the whole score is going to be like "Imperfect Lock", minutes and minutes of tension. Glad it sounds nothing like previous WWII Zimmer.
antovolk wrote:Image
LOL! I was planning not to listen to anything from the score before watching the movie, but I just couldn't resist.
Innovator wrote: I'm surprised at how modern it sounds though, I thought it would have a bit more of a "classical" sound to it, if that makes sense.
I'm quite happy they've gone with that direction. Some of the visuals are very sleek and this track totally fits.

INTENSE. VERY INTENSE.
You can practically feel it from here

Innovator wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Because of how long the track is, it gets repetitive since it doesn't change much throughout. It's definitely bombastic, and I thought the ending was chill-inducing, but it should work better with visuals.

I'm surprised at how modern it sounds though, I thought it would have a bit more of a "classical" sound to it, if that makes sense.

I've listened to it at least 3 times already. I have to stop now. :lol:
This definitely fits the tone of the movie, but I'm always expecting Zimmer to make tracks I can listen to for hours on repeat independently of the movie (such as "Time" and S.T.A.Y), and I hope he has at least a couple on this soundtrack.