Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
Innovator wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Innovator, spoiler warning on the tracklist, please!!
Sure, I will put a spoiler warning in the one I posted in the Updates thread, but if you don't want to be spoiled about certain things, then you shouldn't enter certain threads. If we want to discuss the tracklist in the soundtrack thread, we shouldn't need to use spoiler warnings.
Isn't that why you made a spoilers thread?!

So that we could discuss non-spoiler things in the other threads without worrying about being accidentally spoiled??

anyways the DGA interview Ant posted in another thread had Nolan talking about how Zimmer specifically created the score to the edit which is some Leone/Morriconne Once Upon a Time in the West nonsense and i mean holy shit this is gonna be incredible

That's.. not much tracks. But whatever, as long they're quality.

okungnyo wrote:
Innovator wrote:
okungnyo wrote:Innovator, spoiler warning on the tracklist, please!!
Sure, I will put a spoiler warning in the one I posted in the Updates thread, but if you don't want to be spoiled about certain things, then you shouldn't enter certain threads. If we want to discuss the tracklist in the soundtrack thread, we shouldn't need to use spoiler warnings.
Isn't that why you made a spoilers thread?!

So that we could discuss non-spoiler things in the other threads without worrying about being accidentally spoiled??
That one is for talking about the movie's plot and characters. The tracklist should be discussed in the appropriate thread, and this is the one. Like we don't use spoiler warnings when we post pictures in the thread for posters and official pictures.

But I will edit my post, so we can get back to the topic. Just don't be surprised if others talk about it more freely.
Havoc1st wrote:That's.. not much tracks. But whatever, as long they're quality.
It caught me off guard too, but then I remembered this is a shorter film than usual. :lol: I don't remember, was the deluxe version of the Interstellar OST announced at the same time as the standard? Maybe we could get some bonus tracks in the future, dunno.

Oku
Thanks, Innovator.

'd.

Yeah I'm very shocked about the number of tracks. I was expecting a bigger release with a deluxe edition. Makes me worried that we won't get music from the shortened prologue and trailers (like "First Step" from Interstellar, and "Prologue" from TDK)

Still, we don't know the length of the tracks. He could be doing what he used to do which is few long tracks.

Michaelf2225 wrote:anyways the DGA interview Ant posted in another thread had Nolan talking about how Zimmer specifically created the score to the edit which is some Leone/Morriconne Once Upon a Time in the West nonsense and i mean holy shit this is gonna be incredible
what do you mean? For Once Upon I thought that Morricone created the score before shooting and just by reading the script, which is a process Zimmer/Nolan have done before(Interstellar,Inception).

So for this movie, Zimmer scored to a finished edit?

Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:Yeah I'm very shocked about the number of tracks. I was expecting a bigger release with a deluxe edition. Makes me worried that we won't get music from the shortened prologue and trailers (like "First Step" from Interstellar, and "Prologue" from TDK)

Still, we don't know the length of the tracks. He could be doing what he used to do which is few long tracks.
I can bet you that is exactly what is going to happen. :(

thrice wrote:
Michaelf2225 wrote:anyways the DGA interview Ant posted in another thread had Nolan talking about how Zimmer specifically created the score to the edit which is some Leone/Morriconne Once Upon a Time in the West nonsense and i mean holy shit this is gonna be incredible
what do you mean? For Once Upon I thought that Morricone created the score before shooting and just by reading the script, which is a process Zimmer/Nolan have done before(Interstellar,Inception).

So for this movie, Zimmer scored to a finished edit?
you’re right idk what was going through my head when i made that post lol

but it appears Zimmer’s score was created off of the film’s edit, yes

I wonder if that heightens Zimmer's chances at getting a nomination and/or winning one for his score. Lately the academy seems to pick the score which complements the film the most no?