Dunkirk's Soundtrack

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I found a Slovakian article with an interview with Zimmer about Dunkirk. Unfortunately, I can't read the whole article because I'd have to pay. Is there maybe someone that has a subscripment or is able to read the whole article? Link: http://kultura.sme.sk/c/20415296/hans-z ... oculi.html

Part of the article (Google Translate):
"Look, it's Christmas. Do you really want to know what you get under the tree? "Asks a Hollywood composer Hans Zimmer.
Just sitting in a recording studio in London, together with the orchestra and is preparing its new composition. She sleeps a lot and said work will continue during Christmas Eve. He says nervousness is in place.
The game is a war thriller directed by Christopher Nolan about the battle in the French city of Dunkirk during World War II. A lot of it does not want to disclose.
"With Christopher Nolan, we have always been very good at that you not say in advance what you are going. I promise you however, that our film will Dunkerque those boring second Christmas present. It will not only cosmetics or a pair of socks, but something new and something that you probably could not even imagine and guess," he says mysteriously over the phone daily SME.

Starting to freak out
Battle of Dunkirk took place in 1940. The Germans soon after the declaration of war invaded the Netherlands, France and Belgium. Allied troops pushed ashore Channel, where there were no chance. Soldiers exposed to the mercy bombing and death have tried evaukovať. This moment will be the basis for demonstrations by Nolan's story.
Zimmer is the process of working on the film Christopher Nolan's always the same. Already preparing the music for his successful blockbuster Inception, The Dark Knight, Interstellar, and Batman Begins.

The missing Dunkirk info from the article from the above post:
"First, we talk together a long time, a visit to the filming, invent new ideas, which no one has ever wrong and usually it ends by not slept in six months. It's challenging and all of which are starting to freak out, "complains Zimmer.

Composer recently also visited the place where the bombed during the war. He wanted to feel connected with the place and try to read what if people can experience:

"It was scary. The townspeople were completely at risk. Nothing not protect them, not before the bombs where to hide. Imagine that you are standing on a large beach and around you all day it explodes. "

The beach took a souvenir. In a glass jar scooped sand, it is watching while alone writing new tunes.
That's the Dunkirk related stuff in the article. Unless you want to know more about Zimmer's concert in Bratislava.

Great, thanks! Good to hear all of those things, I'm more and more convinced now that the soundtrack is going to be really special.

FYI - sounds like Zimmer will be doing mostly Nolan music at Coachella! I wonder if he'll tease any of the Dunkirk soundtrack.
The stage will be quite different this April in Indio. While Zimmer’s mum on some details, the Coachella audience can expect a full orchestral and visual spectacle, with material focused even more heavily on his Christopher Nolan opus than he’s done on previous tour dates.

“I think I’m doing a 90% Christopher Nolan segment,” he says. “I’ll be bringing my band - and my band is an orchestra of 76 people. It will be definitely something different, and why not? That was the whole point. Because secretly, if you listen to some of my stuff, the secret is, it’s all rock’n’roll. Inception or Batman -- that’s where I come from... Film composers can rock. John Williams can rock. Ennio Morricone can rock. It just seemed like a fun thing to do. And yes, I’m terrified of it, and that’s part of the appeal of doing it.”
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -interview

Do they stream Coachella online? Would be epic to watch that show.

I've never been but isn't it the kind of event where multiple concerts are happening simultaneously?

It looks like some of Coachella was live streamed last year
http://live.coachella.com/

dormouse7 wrote:FYI - sounds like Zimmer will be doing mostly Nolan music at Coachella! I wonder if he'll tease any of the Dunkirk soundtrack.
The stage will be quite different this April in Indio. While Zimmer’s mum on some details, the Coachella audience can expect a full orchestral and visual spectacle, with material focused even more heavily on his Christopher Nolan opus than he’s done on previous tour dates.

“I think I’m doing a 90% Christopher Nolan segment,” he says. “I’ll be bringing my band - and my band is an orchestra of 76 people. It will be definitely something different, and why not? That was the whole point. Because secretly, if you listen to some of my stuff, the secret is, it’s all rock’n’roll. Inception or Batman -- that’s where I come from... Film composers can rock. John Williams can rock. Ennio Morricone can rock. It just seemed like a fun thing to do. And yes, I’m terrified of it, and that’s part of the appeal of doing it.”
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... -interview
It would be cool, but don't expect him to do that, I'm not seeing Nolan allowing it.

I found this video:

It doesn't mention if it is fan made, or where it comes from. But I think it's really beautiful.

willaartwillem wrote:I found this video:

It doesn't mention if it is fan made, or where it comes from. But I think it's really beautiful.
too much good for fan made. sounds little like da vinci/angel and deamons/inferno ost.

Can't be official