Dunkirk Fan Art Thread

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

First poster I ever make. Hope you guys like it... #DynamoIsHere

misho92 wrote:Image

Great poster, but phrase "Dynamo is here" isn't correct for me due to the fact, that war epic drama is always tragic and brutal story, not for fun. As for me.

pashacules wrote:
misho92 wrote:Image

Great poster, but phrase "Dynamo is here" isn't correct for me due to the fact, that war epic drama is always tragic and brutal story, not for fun. As for me.
Who said "Dynamo is here" means fun? They evacuated 300,000 soldiers, that's what it means. That they arrived... That's where the tagline came from.

These started out decent, but have went downhill fast.

DoubleD wrote:These started out decent, but have went downhill fast.
I could have put a world war 2 photo in the background, but I just find it aesthetically stupid to do that. That's now how movie poster look like. Saving Private Ryan never had a huge war scene on the poster. It was faces for the most part. And a teaser poster would just be black with the title on and some text. In other words, I wanted to make it look as real as possible.

If you removed "Dynamo is here" and then raised the title to be centered, it'd be a lot better. But then it'd be just like the one MyCocaine did.

I tried to make it look a little bit like an old, classic war film. It is meant to be a teaser poster.

Didn't have much time, but this is what I came up with.

Last edited by Willem on July 9th, 2017, 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

There is no need to copy paste random WWII images into a poster this far from release, that comes later. I myself made a simple poster since that's how the teaser poster most likely will turn out.
Look at Interstellar's first poster and then mine.

That's how a first poster is ought to look like. Let's all get creative once we get closer to release.

:lol: