Tom Hardy joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Unless Tom is blatantly lying, it kind of confirms that he won't have any common scenes with the young guys on the beach and his storyline will be completely separate and
possibly brief. Even if he does crash land and survives, he's very unlikely to join the soldiers on the beach

Tom on Dunkirk:
It’s a very profound story. What’s lovely about it is that it’s a classic film, it’s so epic in the storytelling, and Chris [Nolan] has gone back to an old school film from the 1940s, 1950s and retold it. Just being there, you can see the effort in this huge orchestration. I was just in my own play – I had limited exposure to cast and crew. And there was also a lot of pressure, in the same way. I grew up in the generation of their granddads talking about the war. Everyone was colored by that experience — Dunkirk was a big turning point in the war.
http://www.chron.com/entertainment/the- ... 848998.php

dormouse7 wrote:Tom on Dunkirk:
It’s a very profound story. What’s lovely about it is that it’s a classic film, it’s so epic in the storytelling, and Chris [Nolan] has gone back to an old school film from the 1940s, 1950s and retold it. Just being there, you can see the effort in this huge orchestration. I was just in my own play – I had limited exposure to cast and crew. And there was also a lot of pressure, in the same way. I grew up in the generation of their granddads talking about the war. Everyone was colored by that experience — Dunkirk was a big turning point in the war.
http://www.chron.com/entertainment/the- ... 848998.php
LOL! Goes to show how clueless actors are. Nolan said in an interview he didn't even know the 1940s - 50s movie even existed. He's not retelling. This is totally original script from Nolan.

genloovers wrote: LOL! Goes to show how clueless actors are. Nolan said in an interview he didn't even know the 1940s - 50s movie even existed. He's not retelling. This is totally original script from Nolan.
What's up with you being late.

I don't think Tom meant that Nolan was remaking the 1958 film. I think Tom meant Nolan was making a classic war movie, not a modern rated-R type of war movie.

dormouse7 wrote:I don't think Tom meant that Nolan was remaking the 1958 film. I think Tom meant Nolan was making a classic war movie, not a modern rated-R type of war movie.
Honestly, this might be how he meant it.

dormouse7 wrote:I don't think Tom meant that Nolan was remaking the 1958 film. I think Tom meant Nolan was making a classic war movie, not a modern rated-R type of war movie.
Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

fyi Tom Hardy opened a JustGiving page for Manchester
The star of TV drama Taboo, Mad Max: Fury Road and Christopher Nolan's forthcoming Dunkirk is raising money for the British Red Cross – and, at the time of writing, total donations over £19,000, exceeding the page's stated target of £15,000.

In a post on the page, Hardy described the Manchester bombing as "cowardly and brutal" and an "inconceivable atrocity
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/tom- ... anchester/