Teaser/Trailer#1

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nomis wrote:He was very kind to me and the other extras.
He's a nice guy but almost all our directing was through vague commands from Jesse and Cora which were given by Eric (AD) which Eric gets from Nolan. But he is so vague and tells so little about what's going to happen that the extra's and those that assist and direct the extra's are a lot of the time in the dark about what's going to happen next. Hence why I think there's some shoddy extra shots in some of Nolan's films. I don't know why they do this, you would expect there to be some better communication work on such a large production. I think we did well in Urk though. They were quite happy with us. Especially after France.
Last edited by Reaveybeach on August 4th, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MisterXDTV wrote:
Shady1 wrote:
Published on Aug 4, 2016
Announcement for Dunkirk - in UK cinemas July 2017 – directed by Christopher Nolan. The film stars Tom Hardy, Harry Styles, Kenneth Branagh and Mark Rylance.
This quote is under the trailer directly from Warner Brothers, so...it sure looks like Styles role has been upgraded, or perhaps it was downplayed from the beginning.
Or maybe they are writing his name just to make sure crazy fan girls are the first to buy the tickets.....
Or maybe he has a starring role, like they said. It's not like tickets are going on sale tomorrow, eh?

Only the UK upload has the cast list so don't read too much into that.

Why no mention of Fionn Whitehead in the description from WB I wonder? I thought he was the lead.

Reaveybeach wrote:
He's a nice guy but almost all our directing was through vague commands from Jesse and Cora which were given by Eric (AD) which Eric gets from Nolan. But he is so vague and tells so little about what's going to happen that the extra's and those that assist and direct the extra's are a lot of the time in the dark about what's going to happen next. Hence why I think there's some shoddy extra shots in some of Nolan's films.
I know but not even Cora was there to tell us what to do on the moonstone, that came directly from Nolan.

About a near perfect tease. The imagery is just beautiful. Intense.

ChristNolan wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:Everything looks epic, except the font. I don't like it.
I think it's neat how the beach horizon is in the lettering.
I know but it just looks a bit too modern in my opinion. I think a bit more classic font would've done better.

Crazy Eight wrote:Yo is that 4K download glitchy for anyone else? Opening and closing bits freak out and freeze (and it ain't my computer).
I just played it back again on VLC and MPlayerX and no problem....

Nomis wrote:
Reaveybeach wrote:
He's a nice guy but almost all our directing was through vague commands from Jesse and Cora which were given by Eric (AD) which Eric gets from Nolan. But he is so vague and tells so little about what's going to happen that the extra's and those that assist and direct the extra's are a lot of the time in the dark about what's going to happen next. Hence why I think there's some shoddy extra shots in some of Nolan's films.
I know but not even Cora was there to tell us what to do on the moonstone, that came directly from Nolan.
True, I'm talking more about the shots on the Sittard and Castor. Everything on the Moonstone was so bizarre, quick and exciting.

It looks like a pretty fucking good epic. Cinematography is incredible