Teaser/Trailer#1

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
hotsauce32 wrote:
YFR3 wrote:The guys in the trailer are definitely extras. The first to look at the Stuka is a French student in architecture from Lille https://www.facebook.com/mathias.novaisluque?fref=ts
I heard his audition involved having to draw a maze within two minutes for Nolan to solve.
Just to stare at an imaginary plane ? :lol:
Last edited by YFR3 on August 13th, 2016, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YFR3 wrote:
hotsauce32 wrote:
YFR3 wrote:The guys in the trailer are definitely extras. The first to look at the Stuka is a French student in architecture from Lille https://www.facebook.com/mathias.novaisluque?fref=ts
I heard his audition involved having to draw a maze within two minutes for Nolan to solve.
Just to stare an imaginary plane ? :lol:
Nomis wrote:Image
;)

prowlercomesaround wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:More about the first soldier who looks up... (from @JordanManie, an extra in Dunkerque)

That's very cool! I like his face.
Too bad it get's destroyed by the Stuka's
I just talked with this extra (Mathias) and what Jordan said was true. When they met together Nolan by the end of the shooting in Dunkirk, Nolan told his wife "this is the guy of the trailer".

I interviewed Mathias yesterday and I'll publish an article on France 3 Nord Pas de Calais' website very soon. He told me a lot of interesting stuff about the way Nolan works and how that scene was shot (sorry it will be in French).

YFR3 wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:More about the first soldier who looks up... (from @JordanManie, an extra in Dunkerque)

That's very cool! I like his face.
Too bad it get's destroyed by the Stuka's
I just talked with this extra (Mathias) and what Jordan said was true. When they met together Nolan by the end of the shooting in Dunkirk, Nolan told his wife "this is the guy of the trailer".

I interviewed Mathias yesterday and I'll publish an article on France 3 Nord Pas de Calais' website very soon. He told me a lot of interesting stuff about the way Nolan works and how that scene was shot (sorry it will be in French).
That's cool... I assume you'll put some of the interesting tidbits in English for us?

That's cool then ;)

The plane was a tennis ball on top of a pole some guy was holding, or was it a pink thing :think: . They used both, something really bright I could see from a distance even with my poor vision.

One some scenes, Nolan himself counted down numbers in french for us to react at the right time, but his countdown was really strange, a bit like that : one two......threefourfive... six...seven eightnineten. Funny little details :) Thinking back at it, maybe it was intended so we don't expect what's coming with a regular countdown, that way we're more surprised at the "10" since it comes quicker/later than we thought.

@SuperDuty455 - very interesting. Thanks!

@YFR3 - I look forward to the article. Google Translate can usually translate the France3 articles whole. I have been enjoying them, and posting them in my IMDb Set Photos & Articles thread.

Interesting article!