Teaser/Trailer#1

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
skywater wrote:Fucking awesome tease. I'm impressed how great those wide shots with the cardboard cutouts look.
Great? That's the thing I'm most disappointed about.

If we can notice the cardboard soldiers in 1080p in a laptop computer in a 2 second shot imagine seeing that in an IMAX screen.
I'm a bit worried.

dealwithit wrote:
genloovers wrote:That extra hamming it up is still very annoying. I'm surprised Nolan let that footage out as a teaser. Cringe. :eh:
Why do you keep repeating yourself? Do you have some sort of mental deficiency?
Lot's of NF members seem to have that.

Havent you thought of the possibility of the cardboard soldiers being replaced by highly detailed digi-doubles? He used those cardboard soldiers more times on the beach and in Urk. I don't think we'll see them in the finished film.

I love Nolan's approach to this story, this is going to be something quite special.

Nomis wrote:Havent you thought of the possibility of the cardboard soldiers being replaced by highly detailed digi-doubles? He used those cardboard soldiers more times on the beach and in Urk. I don't think we'll see them in the finished film.

I love Nolan's approach to this story, this is going to be something quite special.
I hope Nolan's fear of CGI doesn't prevent him from making that obvious choice :lol:

Nah

Not if all the VFX for this are being finished in 5.6K ;)

Nomis wrote:Havent you thought of the possibility of the cardboard soldiers being replaced by highly detailed digi-doubles? He used those cardboard soldiers more times on the beach and in Urk. I don't think we'll see them in the finished film.

I thought about it, and I've said it before.. I hope this will change as soon as it goes into post-production.

If not, yes.. I think the story will be great and all that matters.

The story will be great ;)

What the hell did just happen??? Oh my god! Oh my god!

Those images look very raw, I'm sure there will be improvements and corrections made for the final cut. It's just a few shots to remind people there's an upcoming Nolan movie about Dunkirk, I doubt the film will look exactly like this.