Teaser/Trailer#1

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Cilogy wrote:really didn't expect it to be so frenetic

I was thinking the mood would be more like Shitstellar's teaser
It has been described since day one as an action thriller. I very much expected it to have the energy the teaser exudes. We're being put into a chaotic situation right from the start of the film. I do not expect any of the marketing to give off any semblance of sentimentalism.

endwk2 wrote: Image
:facepalm:

Nolan pls reshoot...or use another take in the final movie lol

On the other hand, the sound design for that last shot is epic. Listen to it with headphones if you can. Deafening sound of the plane overhead & the pulsing score, then sudden silence at the Dunkirk title card.

LelekPL wrote: I'd say it looks more like Malick so far.
You're wrong. No voice over and no tree.

Allstar wrote: Cillian being left out is offensive.
Yeah... that's very true. Also I'm pretty sure Cillian will have a decent amount of screen time so him being not included is a bit weird- idk what or if one should make any of this tho.

Yeah this frightening sound has be used and abused in all kinds of movies from bombs falling off to any airplane that goes down, but it really is specific to the Stuka (Jericho-Trompete).

This trailer..... I like it. I'll have another!

Allstar wrote:
Demelza wrote:[...]
Also yep, def Tom Hardy walking towards the sea in that sea! Good that we could clear that up with the HD version.
The cinematography looks gorgeous so I'm pumped! :D
Cillian being left out is offensive.
I still think it could be Harry based on the hip length jacket and the costumer saying Tom had a bomber jacket. Guess we'll have to wait a year to find out. Or until I get a huge 4K TV.

And I am a Harry fan but that cast list doesn't seem right. Not only did they leave out Cillian, but also Fionn (the supposed lead of the young cast, who was listed with the big names in the press release). Even if the list was based on popularity, Cillian should have been in the list. Odd.

LelekPL wrote:
MyCocaine wrote: You would be wrong then. It's David Lean all the way.
I don't see it. It's too "bleak" for a Lean vibe. But maybe there will be more shots invoking Lean in the film. I'd love that. I'm a much bigger fan of Lean's films than I am of Malick's.
Hopefully it's neither; I get more of a Hitchcock vibe, though that may just be from the ticking, otherwise it wouldn't have quite the same heart-pounding suspense feeling I suppose. :P Hmm, well I'm intrigued. I don't think that it warranted 50+ pages of non-sense discussion and war isn't exactly the genre I would have voted for the next Nolan film, but hell I'll see anything this legend in the making puts out. :gonf:

Yesss. About time.