Casting Speculation/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Dude, this is a film forum, what do you expect? Also, you're not forced to read it. Remember?

Shady1 wrote:why can't you just relax and let the film be whatever it's going to be and enjoy it when it comes out? why ruin it for yourself? are you the kind of people who talk during a movie, whispering what you think is going to happen next?

that's the reason i decided it's best to go see films by myself.
"Dunkirk" deals with real events, real history. I don't ruin anything for myself as I know the real story of Dynamo Operation. It's like "Titanic". Everybody knew the ship was going to sink, who was the captain, the owner, some of the officers, some of the passengers... you always wonder how a moviemaker will be close and faithful to reality. And movie forums are made to discuss about this, aren't they ?

willaartwillem wrote:Dude, this is a film forum, what do you expect? Also, you're not forced to read it. Remember?
Bruh, of course I could just ignore it - but what fun would that be? I'm here to speculate about people who enjoy speculating. :wave:

No, I never talk during movies. And I turn my phone off. And I don't tell other people about movies they haven't seen unless they ask. I also cover possible spoilers. I do like solving puzzles.
Another theory - Adam Long could possibly play Rylance's character about 28 years earlier. Adam's character "name" at IMDb would be correct. Obviously, they may not even do that in the movie. It's just a thought.

Will Attenborough has been added on IMDB as 'Royal Navy Second Lieutenant'. Interesting, because his grandfather Richard Attenborough played in the 1958 version of Dunkirk.

willaartwillem wrote:Will Attenborough has been added on IMDB as 'Royal Navy Second Lieutenant'. Interesting, because his grandfather Richard Attenborough played in the 1958 version of Dunkirk.
Probably not coincidental.

There are some black soldiers in the french army on the mole if you look closely.

natalie wrote:There are some black soldiers in the french army on the mole if you look closely.
There's a good bit in that first grouping trying to get on the medical boat. My friend noticed and was impressed by that since the French (according to him, not sure if this is accurate but he's a huge WWII nut) had much more activity from black soldiers due to France treating their African colonies with respect and granting many of them true citizenship.