Predictions: Genre

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Wikipedia mentions the genre as "Mystery".. Not sure if they mean the genre is a mystery to everybody... but still its interesting!

always_smiling wrote:Wikipedia mentions the genre as "Mystery".. Not sure if they mean the genre is a mystery to everybody... but still its interesting!
It doesn't mean that and it isn't interesting tbh

Godzilla wrote:
always_smiling wrote:Wikipedia mentions the genre as "Mystery".. Not sure if they mean the genre is a mystery to everybody... but still its interesting!
It doesn't mean that and it isn't interesting tbh

Yeah maybe its not interesting
..For you

If we speak seriously, I think that the only genre more hard than sci-fi to make movie in is historical epic. So, do your findings... I think that Nolan would do a historical epic as his next, if he want to really challenge his skills.

So we sort of have setting... You think it would be a straight war film/epic?

I think it would be a Gladiator-type of movie, but set in WWII. Not a straight war/epic film, but a drama against the background of a widescale war. Like Interstellar was a drama, but happening in the set of a space exploration.

if he's casting young unknown talent it's probably gonna end up being a coming of age film.

I don't know why we have this thread, it's clearly a musical rom-com.

Cilogy wrote:I don't know why we have this thread, it's clearly a musical rom-com.
ala Sound of Music yo. I'm sure that's one of Nolan's favourites ;)