Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
ChristNolan wrote:Saw that shitty recut of the third trailer before Wonder Woman. What the fuck was that. Completely disrupts the flow and tension that the original third trailer had.
I thought the same thing when I saw it play before Wonder Woman a couple of weeks ago.

The Special One wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:Yup. Doesn't flow nicely like the original cut.
Have anyone read anything from Joshua Levine's book? It's obviously not out yet but you can read 50 pages. There's an interview with Nolan.
where can I read that?
You can get a sample of the book from iTunes. IDK if you can do the same from other digital stores or not.

Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:
The Special One wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:Yup. Doesn't flow nicely like the original cut.
Have anyone read anything from Joshua Levine's book? It's obviously not out yet but you can read 50 pages. There's an interview with Nolan.
where can I read that?
You can get a sample of the book from iTunes. IDK if you can do the same from other digital stores or not.
iTunes the website, or iTunes the program that you have to install and that's only available for macOS and Windows?

To be very specific the iTunes app which is obviously only available on an iOS device and you also need to install another app "iBooks".

Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:To be very specific the iTunes app which is obviously only available on an iOS device and you also need to install another app "iBooks".
Ohh. Any way you could be a hero and take screenshots of the interview portion for us?

There you go. I haven't read all of it, so there might be mild spoilers.
There was an interesting thing they did with sound that I think would be better not to know about it before watching the movie. It's a very small detail though. They also discuss the fate of the guy who swam in the channel.

Edit: As okungnyo has pointed out, there are big spoilers past page 15.
Link:
Last edited by AhmadAli95 on June 19th, 2017, 2:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:There you go. I haven't read all of it, so there might be mild spoilers.
There was an interesting thing they did with sound that I think would be better not to know about it before watching the movie. It's a very small detail though. They also discuss the fate of the guy who was swam in the channel.
Link:
Thank you so much!

I will keep your spoiler warning in mind, and stop reading when I get to that part, and finish reading the rest of it after I watch the film on July 21.

Edit: This interview is very spoilerish. :lol:
It spoils the fate of the main character.
Do not read past page 15!!

No problem!
And oh crap! Thank god I didn't read it through.

Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:No problem!
And oh crap! Thank god I didn't read it through.
Wait, then how do you know about the spoiler that you warned about?

The part I'm warning about is on page 16 (the sixth file), and I don't think I read anything in those six pages about the spoiler you warned about.

The sound thing is at page 15, and the guy's fate is at page 24.
I kinda shuffled through the pages. Thankfully didn't read anything in between of those two pages.

By the way,
"the sound thing" might not be considered as a spoiler but I think it's really cool and should be noticed/experienced in a theater.