Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I have a feeling this movie may be a major letdown. Probably the worst rated Nolan movie ever. :|

Sigh

Oku
genloovers wrote:I have a feeling this movie may be a major letdown. Probably the worst rated Nolan movie ever. :|
??

:shock: :shock:

genloovers wrote:I have a feeling this movie may be a major letdown. Probably the worst rated Nolan movie ever. :|
My prediction as well.

I wonder what the viral marketing scheme will be to reveal trailer 3? A one week livestream of Nolan taking a dump? Then he gets up and the camera zooms in on his turd and he says 'THERE'S YOUR TRAILER! CHEERS!'

8-)

ChristMAX wrote:
Because of that extra no doubt?
:lol:

Forum Pro
Law
Don't feed the troll

O please tell us more.

It's absolutely going to be a major letdown but probably not his worst rated movie, I reckon it's actually going to be the oposite of what happened with Interstellar. Where that movie actually deserved a bit more critical praise for it's ambition in the sci-fi genre this one is going to get more praise than it deserves simply because of how safe it will be, I think it's probably going to be in the 80s or even 90s in RT, ironically because of how bloody unambitious it'll be (big set pieces and IMAX are not everything that account for ambition in film). Obviously people around here won't hesitate to call it a master piece no matter what and critics simply love these kind of unremarkable, coward films nowadays so we might even get to see a ridiculous lobbying campaign to give him his first Oscar as director, who knows...

Way I see it, Dunkirk is going to be that film that comes with a stupid dick-sucking season for the director and actors and then, 10 years later everyone will go: That's by far Nolan's most unexceptional film, overrated. Hopefully by then he has stopped feeling so "comfortable" with the type of films he's doing.