Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Someone needs to make a Wikipedia page about this thing. :judge:

Bacon wrote:Someone needs to make a Wikipedia page about this thing. :judge:
There is one

T-minus 10 wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:
T-minus 10 wrote:I really hope Nolan be objective and to condemn all the sides, also to show the real causes for this lose, and some of the lies and myth making that the british government told the people about this tragic incident.
I don't know, I don't really see that happening. This is something you would expect from a director like Paul Greengrass, but Nolan is not really into that type of objectivity I think. He's more after emotions and spectacle and plot (in a good way). Even if he sees history correctly and unbiased I don't think that he wants to make a film about that.
I agree with you that this maybe hard to see in a big budget film, but what Iliked about his past fims like The Prestige or TDK is how he able to present the subjective experience of the characters while also looking at them in a kind of objective way, think how he portrayed Batman as a figure of heroism but also someone who did huge mistakes that caused tragic incidents, or the two protagonists of The Prestige were we're shown their emotional and lovable side, but also their harsh ones.
My favourite pick in this case was in Interstellar, the scene where Prof. Brand speaks about the government's intentions of bombing starving people. Many people even misunderstood that part and thought that U.S. rejected on pulling such a terrible scenario and Nolan's idea was to hint a tiny propaganda for the americans however only Caine's character refused the task but the government probably was going into anyways. So Nolan condemned pretty strongly that side even if he could make an idealistic self-praise in a fictional world.

I am very glad that Nolan isn't such type of director as Oliver Stone! Because in this way we would get low-quality, political film.

Hope it's R rated. My best war movies are all R.

Biribiri wrote:Hope it's R rated. My best war movies are all R.
I just can't see it. How many PG-13 war movies(with battle scenes) are there though?

thrice wrote:
Biribiri wrote:Hope it's R rated. My best war movies are all R.
I just can't see it. How many PG-13 war movies(with battle scenes) are there though?
Masterpieces like Argo, Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down are R.

Argo a masterpiece lol :lol:

Robin wrote:Argo a masterpiece lol :lol:
Don't entertain the troll. Silence will kill him.