Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
im buying my tickets. is it stated anywhere which showtime he'll be in attendance for?

nvm those showtimes sold out

It is a kind of bummer...

Asanty wrote:It is a kind of bummer...
How? This isn't his next feature film, its just something in between.

thats pretty freegen cool

ChristNolan wrote:
Asanty wrote:It is a kind of bummer...
How? This isn't his next feature film, its just something in between.
I mean hopefully this will not delay his real one.

I wouldn't say delay, but now I don't expect an announcement until September/October. 2017 would likely be the year then.

I don't want to undermine documentaries but why do some of you think that this means a delay in his next - actual - feature film? Interstellar came out last year and this Quay documentary (which sounds extremely interesting, btw) is already done and finished in the middle of 2015. It clearly wasn't "demanding work" (that's why I said I don't want to undermine documentaries), I mean compared to a Inception-Interstellar-TDK-like film. I guess it was just a really fun and enjoyable project to do for Nolan and as the earlier tweet suggested the script for his next feature is already done or underway, so this documentary clearly cannot be a big delay for Nolan to do that next film of his.

I think we all have to accept the fact that there won't be a Nolan movie in 2016 unless he makes something a la Prestige which was shot in February 2006 and released in October of the same year.

DHOPW42 wrote:I don't want to undermine documentaries but why do some of you think that this means a delay in his next - actual - feature film? Interstellar came out last year and this Quay documentary (which sounds extremely interesting, btw) is already done and finished in the middle of 2015. It clearly wasn't "demanding work" (that's why I said I don't want to undermine documentaries), I mean compared to a Inception-Interstellar-TDK-like film. I guess it was just a really fun and enjoyable project to do for Nolan and as the earlier tweet suggested the script for his next feature is already done or underway, so this documentary clearly cannot be a big delay for Nolan to do that next film of his.
Yeah, I completely agree. This won't delay a feature film at all. This documentary thing seems like something he did in his spare time and is already complete.