Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
When I got out after seeing the film, I immediately thought that it would be interesting to see each perspective as one long sequence, like three short-ish feature films.

AhmadAli95 wrote:When I got out after seeing the film, I immediately thought that it would be interesting to see each perspective as one long sequence, like three short-ish feature films.
So basically a Pulp Fiction version of it?

I hate to admit it but I haven't seen that movie yet. But no, like literally three seperate films. Think of Gravity and Aningaaq.

Oku
IMAX70mm wrote:
Nik82 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/amctheatres/vi ... 775508210/
Seems people are quite torn over this movie. Very much a love or hate situation. But, if I read one more comment about Saving Private Ryan!!! :roll:
Saving Private Ryan, greatest war movie of all time :D
The sappiness after the opening scene brings that film waaay down, no way it's the "greatest war movie of all time" of anything.

AhmadAli95 wrote:I hate to admit it but I haven't seen that movie yet. But no, like literally three seperate films. Think of Gravity and Aningaaq.
You haven't seen Pulp Fiction :shock:

An interesting article in which Richard King discusses how the various sounds in Dunkirk were created - one being the Stuka siren created by placing a siren inside a 30 gallon steel drum (which is, now that I think about it, exactly what is sounds like in the film :lol: )

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/07/dunkir ... 201860117/

Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
AhmadAli95 wrote:I hate to admit it but I haven't seen that movie yet. But no, like literally three seperate films. Think of Gravity and Aningaaq.
And you don't have to, its not that great.

Pioneerr wrote:
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
It's way better than half (actually 95%) the trash this community raves about. Pulp Fiction is one of the better non-Nolan films.

Pioneerr wrote:
Samuel R. Jankis wrote:
:wtf:

Pioneerr wrote:
Nomis wrote:Ah I see. I was just wondering about the one at Arnhem because that's the only (digi) IMAX in our country that has got Dolby Atmos too. I know it's not mixed in that but the sound at Arena was so incredibly shrill and overall just too loud. Perhaps the one at Eindhoven has also got Dolby Atmos? Since then the sound just has to be better overall lol, mixed in that or not

I went to Tuschinski today and the sound was much more pleasurable than at Arena's IMAX. A loud bass which really helped with the bombings.
Pathe Arnhem has multiple Dolby Atmos auditoriums, the IMAX auditorium has the Next Generation Sound System (12.1). I saw it there, the sound was great. Loud but in a good way. It is the only purposed built IMAX auditorium in the Netherlands, I especially like how steep the seats are arranged. And of course the biggest screen in the Netherlands was also impressive.
Yeah that is the biggest screen in the country right? I'm more and more tempted to check it out there...