Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

Man I really need to give Dunkirk another watch

I'm definitely struggling with it having seen it two times and feeling all the visceral stuff but really nothing much more.

This podcast is really great, I hope QT makes a lot of film criticism after he retires

Hi everyone,

I just found a great new interview/podcast with with no other than director Quentin Tarantino. He loves Dunkirk and talks about it why he loves this film.

Here is the link :
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... Bsh7lKnwiA

Enjoy it is worth listening :twothumbsup:

Probably not the appropriate thread, but I'm not going to lie, if 1917 wins Best Picture I'm going to lose my shit. :facepalm:

Angus wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 5:26 pm
Probably not the appropriate thread, but I'm not going to lie, if 1917 wins Best Picture I'm going to lose my shit. :facepalm:
Maybe Tarantino as well.
Why tho, is a straightfoward oscar bait movie and is working so far.

Angus wrote:
I'd be just as annoyed, but I don't see it happening. Fat chance it leapfrogs The Irishman, Parasite and Once Upon a Time. 1917 is an easy movie to slot into the nominations, but when it comes down to it I honestly think Joker might get more BP votes.

Joker would be a welcome surprise, honestly.

Edit: Although, that's a little bit of a slap in the face to Nolan too, huh?

Angus wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 10:58 am
Joker would be a welcome surprise, honestly.

Edit: Although, that's a little bit of a slap in the face to Nolan too, huh?
That'd be a slap in the face for anyone because that movie does not deserve Best Picture lmao

Tenetdrome wrote:
January 3rd, 2020, 3:17 am
Angus wrote:
I'd be just as annoyed, but I don't see it happening. Fat chance it leapfrogs The Irishman, Parasite and Once Upon a Time. 1917 is an easy movie to slot into the nominations, but when it comes down to it I honestly think Joker might get more BP votes.
I've seen all but Little Women.

Not that I agree with this yet necessarily, but from what I've seen, I think it'll be for 1917. I would personally give it to Jojo Rabbit or Marriage Story, but I will not be upset if 1917 wins especially since I sort of expect it.

I'm very surprised it has a screenplay nom, though. I just don't see it. It better not win that. It'll likely win director, cinematography and production design though.

I made a list of what I expect to win in some respects somewhere. I'll pull it up after seeing Little Women to see if anything changes for me.

Angus wrote:
Thankyou, Thankyou for saying this. I have the same problem. I saw 1917 and it is a very good film. I recommend everyone to see it in IMAX. But it has a big Dunkirk vibe.
Examples - Unknown soldiers/unknown cast/ shot with IMAX cameras. And what Dunkirk did for me is that they showed you how scary war can be. In 1917 there are sequences where I was like, Wow that looks awesome. And it is Mabey little nitpicking to say that. But when I see a war movie I wanna be scared. And 1917 did not bring me that all the time.