Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Yeah, it's a terrible list. It's like somebody saw only movies from the last 10 years (3 Billboards, Call Me by Your Name, Dunkirk, Mad Max? Seriously? TDK being so low, no Inception, no Interstellar) and then added older movies that are on other people's lists.

Ace
One of the last remaining veterans of the Dunkirk evacuation has died at the age of 98.

Arthur Taylor’s experience of being rescued from the war-torn French beach helped in the making of the 2017 Oscar-winning film, Dunkirk.

The RAF operator was one of the 330,000 men being shot at and shelled by the Germans. He saw comrades next to him being cut down by machine gun fire from dive-bombing Nazi planes.

Arthur, of Christchurch, Dorset, queued for 36 hours to get on a “little ship” that took him to England.

He was the embodiment of the determined, never-say-die Dunkirk spirit. Three months later, in September 1940, he would draw on this to play his part in the Battle of Britain.

Arthur described the harrowing evacuation to film director Christopher Nolan.
Arthur, who is survived by his wife Vera, six children, 13 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren, was a VIP guest for the film’s premiere.

He died on December 28 having fallen at home in November. Just around 20 of the Dunkirk veterans are still alive.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/r ... d-13820543

RIP Arthur Taylor.

What a great movie though, kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through.

I played 2 days in the movie and during one of this day they have a storm in dunkirk. The sky was black and the waves impressive.I had never seen such landscapes of my life.
Unfortunately Nolan cut every scene wee shooting this day... we can see one of them in the first teaser. I think he cut them because there was good weather in 1940 during the evacuation.

Collins wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 12:08 pm
I played 2 days in the movie and during one of this day they have a storm in dunkirk. The sky was black and the waves impressive.I had never seen such landscapes of my life.
Unfortunately Nolan cut every scene wee shooting this day... we can see one of them in the first teaser. I think he cut them because there was good weather in 1940 during the evacuation.

He has a lot of money shots that he always seems to leave in the trailers only, even if they are simply alternate cuts/angles.

The Dark Knight obviously rings a bell with The Joker walking creepily in downtown Gotham.

Not sure what thread this should have gone into, but I'm catching up on last week's Family Guy, and it looks like they made a Dunkirk reference.

Not my video, sorry for the crappy quality. I guess that's what you get for recording with a shoe.

It's brought up one more time in the episode as well, but is not in this clip.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 9:58 pm
Not sure what thread this should have gone into, but I'm catching up on last week's Family Guy, and it looks like they made a Dunkirk reference.

Not my video, sorry for the crappy quality. I guess that's what you get for recording with a shoe.

It's brought up one more time in the episode as well, but is not in this clip.
Yeah, I've seen it :D
But I couldn't find any clip to post it.

hey can you send me dunkirk prologue i mean the original 1080P prologue bootleg thank you very much