Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
AhmadAli95 wrote:So it's safe to say that the regular DCP would look slightly different than the IMAX DCP?
Regular DCP looked much worse in my opinion. Even the LieMAX version looked better than the regular DCP version. Unfortunately my local LieMAX cranks the surround sound channels to the point you can't hear any dialogue. So the DCP version I watched in a Dolby Atmos auditorium was probably more enjoyable overall than LieMAX because at least the sound was better in the Atmos auditorium.

Laser IMAX is the best of both worlds with great sound and incredible visual experience.

Wow that's sucks. I actually didn't even notice the surrounds until the credits (LieMAX). I'm very curious to see the non-IMAX 2K DCP/7.1 setup to compare it to the IMAX 2K/5.1 setup. It looked really good in LieMAX except that I started noticing how the blacks aren't as black as they should be.

AhmadAli95 wrote:Wow that's sucks. I actually didn't even notice the surrounds until the credits (LieMAX). I'm very curious to see the non-IMAX 2K DCP/7.1 setup to compare it to the IMAX 2K/5.1 setup. It looked really good in LieMAX except that I started noticing how the blacks aren't as black as they should be.
I would think the LieMAX sound thing is hit or miss. Probably depends on each theater's management.

Likewise with the spotty visuals of the regular DCP. I felt the regular DCP looked very dim/dark compared to the brightness of LieMAX and Laser IMAX. The regular DCP also lacked the clarity of Laser IMAX and LieMAX, but I guess it's not too surprising if the IMAX versions had a much better source to begin with.

if you have any problems in your IMAX screenings, i recommend contacting IMAX

from what i’ve read, they’re very good at correcting issues with their screenings

Geoffrey wrote:It's way better than half (actually 95%) the trash this community raves about. Pulp Fiction is one of the better non-Nolan films.
lmao educate me on what trash you're talking about.

Good article.

Bacon wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:It's way better than half (actually 95%) the trash this community raves about. Pulp Fiction is one of the better non-Nolan films.
lmao educate me on what trash you're talking about.
I bet he's talking about "trash" like Citizen Kane lmao