Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nomis wrote:I mean I bet there are going to be people who don't connect with being put there in the moment with these people. It's not your typical WW2 film. I know Nolan says it's a survival film, and it obviously is, but not everyone is going to know that going in. I think most people will still call it a war film/WW2 film.

Anyway, I think that it has some aspects in it's advantage. Nolan's name obviously still means a lot. Newbies get the lead roles which makes it easier to believe their characters (because you don't connect them with anything you've seen before, mostly because you can't lol). side-note: I know Styles will deliver but yeah there'll probably be people who find it distracting that he's in it but I think those will be few in numbers.
Also that it's not a VFX extravaganza like the other blockbusters released this summer. Around 400 VFX shots I mean ffs. Basically all of what you see is real.
Experienced actors get the supporting roles, they'll be able to still make a mark with less screentime and they add some weight. And again, it's not your typical film anyway, I think it's going to be a breath of fresh air for a lot of people.
Indeed. There is a YouTube trailer reaction/review that made a great point. The girl said she will take her boyfriend, her mom, dad and grandparents to see this movie. That's it, the film is not graphically violent (Hacksaw Ridge) so all ages will be able to enjoy the film.

via @StylesMovieNews
Into Film has launched a (UK?) school resource related to Nolan's Dunkirk:
REGISTER NOW and download our new history resource, Dunkirk: The Dynamo Challenge to connect your students with the heroic events surrounding Dunkirk and to recieve your FREE printed Welcome Pack, brought to you in partnership with Warner Brothers and SUPER.

With the imminent release of the epic action thriller Dunkirk on 21 July 2017, we've created a resource to engage student curiosity in the historical events behind ‘Operation Dynamo'; the evacuation of around 338,000 allied soldiers from the beaches and harbour of Dunkirk.

Targeted at 12-16 year olds, and a perfect resource to support history, PSHE/PSE/SMSC or citizenship lessons, The Dynamo Challenge presents a series of team building challenges centred around three narrative perspectives from the air, land and sea.
More here:
https://www.intofilm.org/campaign/9?utm ... rkRegister

reminds me of the Interstellar education packs released by WB in the U.S.

Oku
antovolk wrote:reminds me of the Interstellar education packs released by WB in the U.S.
I thought WB was the international distributor??

okungnyo wrote:
antovolk wrote:reminds me of the Interstellar education packs released by WB in the U.S.
It is US company, that's all which matters.

Oku
Lord Shade wrote:
okungnyo wrote:
It is US company, that's all which matters.
All right, thanks.

okungnyo wrote:
Paramount, my mistake - I'm pretty sure on the Interstellar marketing WB took the lead really

Saw that shitty recut of the third trailer before Wonder Woman. What the fuck was that. Completely disrupts the flow and tension that the original third trailer had.

Yup. Doesn't flow nicely like the original cut.
Have anyone read anything from Joshua Levine's book? It's obviously not out yet but you can read 50 pages. There's an interview with Nolan.

AhmadAli95 wrote:Yup. Doesn't flow nicely like the original cut.
Have anyone read anything from Joshua Levine's book? It's obviously not out yet but you can read 50 pages. There's an interview with Nolan.
where can I read that?