Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

ChristMAX wrote:I have a theory as to how Dunkirk will begin (if indeed the prologue is the start of the film). When Fionn and Aneurin are first shown carrying the wounded soldier, what appears to be present day Dunkirk is shown in the background (the buildings appear too modern for that era - as shown below). It looks as though there may be more to the beginning of that shot. Is it a possibility that the film starts with a present day Dunkirk veteran (jogging perhaps) on the beach, and transitions to that same veteran 77 years earlier (played by either Fionn or Aneurin) as the shot moves along the beach?
*pure speculation*
I'm really not a fan of this idea, and in my opinion it just doesn't sound like something Chris would do. If he wants us to have a truly immersive experience, like we're right there on that beach with the soldiers, he should just throw the audience right in the middle of the event and make them follow the characters through the multiple obstacles they face as they happen. So I hope Nolan stays away from flashbacks or even flashforwards.

But I guess with all ideas, it comes down to execution.

antovolk wrote:have a stream open now, let's see if it pops up again.

speculation time: what if they launch the new trailer as part of the playoffs today?
Just played again.

Got it, uploading on TT now

Oh yeahh give me this

antovolk wrote:Got it, uploading on TT now
Awesome, thanks! :gonf:

I think the prologue we saw is a shortened version of the actual start of the film.