Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Cilogy wrote:the guy is one step away from implanting IMAX cameras into actors' heads
How would that work?

Just imagine how that would look like. An IMAX camera treated as a GoPro mounted on top of a teen's head... :D

willaartwillem wrote:Just imagine how that would look like. An IMAX camera treated as a GoPro mounted on top of a teen's head... :D
I imagined. Poor teen's neck...

Pratham wrote:
Cilogy wrote:the guy is one step away from implanting IMAX cameras into actors' heads
How would that work?
"We'll find a way ... we always have."

This might seem like a reach but...

Last week Nolan attended the BFI Fellowship Award for, um, Hugh Grant.

This seemed random to me. Maybe Nolan is just a massive Notting Hill-fan but is it possible that Grant could potentially star in this film?

Seems like an odd fit, perhaps, but then I read that Grant's grandfather was at Dunkirk and played a really pivotal role. The book Dunkirk: Fight to the Last Man is partly based on his diaries. In fact, Grant has wanted to make his own movie on the subject for over a decade.

He could also be involved in an advisory sort of way, I guess.

That's some great research right there. I wouldn't mind seeing Grant in this.

Interesting. Maybe Grant will be an executive producer or something like that if doesn't star in it...

Insomniac wrote:This might seem like a reach but...

This seemed random to me. Maybe Nolan is just a massive Notting Hill-fan but is it possible that Grant could potentially star in this film?

Seems like an odd fit, perhaps, but then I read that Grant's grandfather was at Dunkirk and played a really pivotal role. The book Dunkirk: Fight to the Last Man is partly based on his diaries. In fact, Grant has wanted to make his own movie on the subject for over a decade.

Noted yo :thumbup:
Sounds all good to me.

Insomniac wrote:This might seem like a reach but...

Great detective work sir. Could be just a huge coincidence. We should find out soon.

I'll see you in 2018 ;-)