Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I'm counting SIX DAYS. Feels like SIX YEARS.

fayestardust wrote:There is absolutely no proper place to post this but I saw Dunkirk in IMAX last night. Most of you don't know this (except the ones who were around when I was talking about extras), but I'm physically disabled. Cerebral palsy, with immense amounts of muscle tension in my entire body (it's a spasm, but all the time). It means that I jump a lot and that anything stressful makes me tense up completely. This movie was an attack, for me. I actually have muscle aches today. I spent half the movie covering one ear so I wouldn't jump as much. So loud. So unnerving. So intense. Help. Wow.

I'd actually like to see it again, maybe slightly less loud.
Major props for managing to get through such an intense film like this. Happy that you liked the film! :gonf:

Innovator wrote:
fayestardust wrote:There is absolutely no proper place to post this but I saw Dunkirk in IMAX last night. Most of you don't know this (except the ones who were around when I was talking about extras), but I'm physically disabled. Cerebral palsy, with immense amounts of muscle tension in my entire body (it's a spasm, but all the time). It means that I jump a lot and that anything stressful makes me tense up completely. This movie was an attack, for me. I actually have muscle aches today. I spent half the movie covering one ear so I wouldn't jump as much. So loud. So unnerving. So intense. Help. Wow.

Major props for managing to get through such an intense film like this. Happy that you liked the film! :gonf:
Yeah props. :gonf:

You are so incredible for doing this, thank you :gonf:

Aw, you guys are all lovely. I don't think it makes me incredible, though. I mean, it was a stronger physical reaction than I've ever had (I may have misjudged how loud it was going to be, and paired with the completely unnerving music and what's actually going on in the scenes, it's a recipe for tension for all of us, I think) , but what a pleasure to get to witness a masterpiece like this!

fayestardust wrote:Aw, you guys are all lovely. I don't think it makes me incredible, though. I mean, it was a stronger physical reaction than I've ever had (I may have misjudged how loud it was going to be, and paired with the completely unnerving music and what's actually going on in the scenes, it's a recipe for tension for all of us, I think) , but what a pleasure to get to witness a masterpiece like this!

Seriously kudos for watching it.This movies is a clear attack on the senses. The guy next to me was about to have an asthma attack during torpedo scene. Thank God he had his inhaler with him.

Saw it last night! Absolutely incredible from start to finish. The performances were great, the structure was amazing, the cinematography was divine, sound mixing en editing amazing, editing amazing, couldn't spot any VFX so seamless were those, practical effects were incredible, dogfights were incredible, score is divine etc. etc. etc.

omg

I just can't even

So wonderful to see all those scenes we shot in the film

I think this is one of Nolan's best films, if not his best: truly incredible

Nomis wrote:Saw it last night! Absolutely incredible from start to finish. The performances were great, the structure was amazing, the cinematography was divine, sound mixing en editing amazing, editing amazing, couldn't spot any VFX so seamless were those, practical effects were incredible, dogfights were incredible, score is divine etc. etc. etc.

omg

I just can't even

So wonderful to see all those scenes we shot in the film

I think this is one of Nolan's best films, if not his best: truly incredible
Did you spot yourself anywhere?

Mahiya_Borden wrote:
fayestardust wrote:Aw, you guys are all lovely. I don't think it makes me incredible, though. I mean, it was a stronger physical reaction than I've ever had (I may have misjudged how loud it was going to be, and paired with the completely unnerving music and what's actually going on in the scenes, it's a recipe for tension for all of us, I think) , but what a pleasure to get to witness a masterpiece like this!

Seriously kudos for watching it.This movies is a clear attack on the senses. The guy next to me was about to have an asthma attack during torpedo scene. Thank God he had his inhaler with him.
I know right. I have no health issues (thank god), but I legit stopped breathing a couple of times. Torpedo scene was tough to watch.

Yes I saw some of my friends and myself!