Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
2nd viewing tomorrow in Digital IMAX. Let's see how much of a drop in quality this is from 70mm IMAX.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Bacon wrote:2nd viewing tomorrow in Digital IMAX. Let's see how much of a drop in quality this is from 70mm IMAX.
It's won't be as good, but it still looks stunning in Digital IMAX. I'm doing my second viewing tomorrow in 70mm.

MyCocaine wrote:My third viewing is tomorrow in IMAX. My fourth viewing is on Monday in 70mm.

2 x 70mm / 2 x IMAX. A nice balance.

I'm probably going for a fifth viewing sometime next week to end it all.
Which format did you like best?

Bacon wrote:2nd viewing tomorrow in Digital IMAX. Let's see how much of a drop in quality this is from 70mm IMAX.
Yeah I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on this Bacon. I did that with Interstellar, watched first in 70mm and then Digital and it was a pretty significant difference for me.

Just finished seeing Dunkirk for the first time (in IMAX laser) and I honestly don't know what to think of it. I was kind of underwhelmed though, probably because I was expecting it to be more like the prologue. I felt as though some scenes were completely unnecessary, like
when Tommy prepares to take a dump on the beach? Like I didn't wait three years just to see that
But I'm not going to draw conclusions just yet until I see it again in a few hours (in 1570 film) and have time to process what I just witnessed

Edit: I take that back, a second viewing helped a lot. I now think this is up there as one of Nolan's best
Last edited by ChristMAX on July 22nd, 2017, 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oku
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Dragon_316ca wrote:Film debuts on IMDb Top 250 at #41. Let see how high it will go.
It will settle at like #13
I don't know, didn't Interstellar debut super high and then drop?
MyCocaine wrote:My third viewing is tomorrow in IMAX. My fourth viewing is on Monday in 70mm.

2 x 70mm / 2 x IMAX. A nice balance.

I'm probably going for a fifth viewing sometime next week to end it all.
Why not moar?
ChristMAX wrote:Just finished seeing Dunkirk for the first time (in IMAX laser) and I honestly don't know what to think of it. I was kind of underwhelmed though, probably because I was expecting it to be more like the prologue. I felt as though some scenes were completely unnecessary, like
when Tommy prepares to take a dump on the beach? Like I didn't wait three years just to see that
But I'm not going to draw conclusions just yet until I see it again in a few hours (in 1570 film) and have time to process what I just witnessed
Sounds like me after my first viewing. :lol:

It gets better the second viewing; the film is a masterpiece.

ChristMAX wrote: I felt as though some scenes were completely unnecessary, like
While watching I kept having thoughts like
did tommy manages to go to the bathroom!?
-------
The Special One wrote:
Misleading title, the video doesn't actually explain the timeline.

Oku
Cocal wrote:
ChristMAX wrote: I felt as though some scenes were completely unnecessary, like
While watching I kept having thoughts like
did tommy manages to go to the bathroom!?
-------
The Special One wrote:
Misleading title, the video doesn't actually explain the timeline.
Yeah, did he go or not?

If he went, then that means he didn't wipe, which he went through the entire movie with leftover poo on his butt.

If he didn't go, then that means he probably went when the torpedo hit, which is even more gross.
It's one of those things where I understand why it's in the film, but I personally would have preferred if it hadn't been.

And LOL yeah, the video doesn't explain crap.