Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
It would be a strange decision to replace Paul Franklin. I don't believe it for a second.

He's done wonderful things with Paul Franklin. Why change it?

IMDb does list Andrew Jackson as the visual effects supervisor. If it's true, then it's really surprising. Nolan has a longstanding relationship with Double Negative and Paul Franklin with some terrific results (3 Oscar nominations and 2 wins) and I can't really see why he would want to replace him.

Panapaok wrote:IMDb does list Andrew Jackson as the visual effects supervisor. If it's true, then it's really surprising. Nolan has a longstanding relationship with Double Negative and Paul Franklin and I don't see why he would want to replace him.
I don't buy it. It's bullshit. Paul Franklin is a trusted ally same as Zimmer, Smith and Crowley.

Franklin was listed there before but replaced with Jackson this week.

IMDB is not totally trust-worthy guys, and you know that. Nolan doesn't have a good reason to replace Franklin, and I think the chances are small that he did so. And if it's true, it isn't a very big problem, because Jacksons work on Fury Road was fantastic.

Perhaps Franklin is going to be Credited as something else or His Scheduling is whack.

i don't think it's that far fetched that he'd want to emulate mad max's effects work for dunkirk

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:i don't think it's that far fetched that he'd want to emulate mad max's effects work for dunkirk
I don't see Nolan using heavy Matte paintings here visually.

Perhaps special effects wise yes, but Mad Max had like 20 BMPC's capturing all of it along with the main cameras.

He might be a better fit for the effects used here.