Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Sky007 wrote:That info came from a guy on twitter who knows some ppl in Nolan's camp. Recently in Time magazine Nolan said he doesn't quite know what he's doing yet but Im guessing he's been writing plenty of ideas down. I expect an announcement by end of June. Depending on the size of the film I think we can expect a winter 2016 or summer 2017.
Ah ok, thanks. Let's hope for that winter 2016 release then because I'm liking this every two years schedule. Not that I'm against him taking however much time he needs, but I'll start getting withdrawal. I need some Nolan news so I can print out every article, liquefy all the paper, and inject it intravenously.

Sky007 wrote:That info came from a guy on twitter who knows some ppl in Nolan's camp. Recently in Time magazine Nolan said he doesn't quite know what he's doing yet but Im guessing he's been writing plenty of ideas down. I expect an announcement by end of June. Depending on the size of the film I think we can expect a winter 2016 or summer 2017.
What?????? The most recent TIME interview, Nolan was going through a draft of his next movie. So he already knows what he's working on.

On may 6th (interview at the Walker Art Center ) he said he had no idea what his next project might be. Most likely a lie, but it is impossible to know with Nolan being so unforthcoming about these kind of things.

Im assuming that Nolan wants to take a break after Interstellar. It was a huge project, his biggest film to date. I doubt we'll see a new film before 2017. Probably later in the year too.

I doubt we get a new Nolan film anytime soon. We might get one in the summer of 2017 but not sooner. It seems that his crusade for preserving film is taking up much of his time. His quest for saving film and converting the impure however has proven successful so hopefully he can soon turn all of his focus to filmmaking.

I really don't have any idea of what he is going to do next. I mean, how do you follow up a film like Interstellar? Its almost impossible. It just doesn't get any bigger than that. There have been talk of westerns and horrors but I just don't see any reason for Nolan to risk his Hollywood Crown for a potential box office failure. I think he will stay within the realm of grand filmmaking simply because he is the only one who can. Many times he has talk at length about his glorious privileges so don't expect him to return to Memento and The Prestige budget filmmaking.

He might surprise all of us and go to the extremes in his quest for film by going into the desert searching for lost movies. Imagine Nolan returning to civilisation Batman Begins style with beard and a rugged suit. He actually mentions this in an article.

It doesn't have to be another blockbuster or bigger because of it. I would love to see a smaller scale film. Perhaps a law film (no idea what else it's called lol) or a film about the Vikings (though that should probably be a large scale project lol). A Western would be cool but I'd rather see him tackle something different. He already did crime on a superhero basis but it would be cool if he did one without superheroes. Something like The Departed. A modern crime film. I would love to see that.

I need some Nolan news goddammit. I'm suffering from withdrawal.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:I need some Nolan news goddammit. I'm suffering from withdrawal.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Mahiya_Borden wrote:I need some Nolan news goddammit. I'm suffering from withdrawal.