Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Guys, it's quite obvious that it's not Akira. Move on.

Panapaok wrote:Guys, it's quite obvious that it's not Akira. Move on.
B..but.. but I won't have anything else to bitch about then?

It's not like none of us didn't realize that. It's just that we have zero information at this point, and it's fun to speculate about shit sometimes to keep the discussion going

Heads up

Ruth wrote:to keep the discussion going
I think the very word "Nolan" is enough to keep the discussion going.

ChristNolan wrote:Heads up
?

I can't believe there are still people stupid enough to think Nolan can't direct Akira

1. The "if it ain't broke don't fix it" argument does not hold water. Why? Because compared to the manga, the anime was shit. The characters and ideas weren't fully developed as a result of a limited run-time. WB plans to adapt the mangaNOT the anime. Get it right.

2. The Departed was better than Infernal Affairs. Fincher's Dragon tattoo was better than the original. Nolan's Insomnia was better than the original (no thanks in small part to Robin Williams who was robbed of an Oscar that year).

3. Akira itself was inspired by Rebel Without a Cause, A Clockwork Orange and Bladerunner. Not coincidentally, those are the films Nolan reveres.

4. The film will be made one way or another, you guys want Chris Nolan or some unknown VFX turned director or worse... Juame Collet Serra.

5. I can see how Nolan will make Akira's reveal to be a boy not a weapon as a sly plot twist for those lucky souls who doesn't know shit about AKira.

Now after my rant regarding AKira is over. I can bravely predict AKIRA WON'T be Nolan's next film.

What will?

Remember a few weeks ago WB bought the rights to Dante's Inferno? Well I can wager that indeed will be Nolan's next film for two reasons.

1. A tortured hero who mourns the death of his love and his drive to save her.

2. The book depicted different LEVELS or RINGS of hell which is right up Nolan's narrative wheelhouse.

If that is the case I hope Nolan won't resort to CGI for the demons.

Frankmiller92 wrote:Now after my rant regarding AKira is over. I can bravely predict AKIRA WON'T be Nolan's next film.

What will?

Remember a few weeks ago WB bought the rights to Dante's Inferno? Well I can wager that indeed will be Nolan's next film for two reasons.

1. A tortured hero who mourns the death of his love and his drive to save her.

2. The book depicted different LEVELS or RINGS of hell which is right up Nolan's narrative wheelhouse.

If that is the case I hope Nolan won't resort to CGI for the demons.
How much are you willing to wager?

How much are you willing to wager?[/quote]

My soul!!!!!

As much as I would LOVE to see a Dante's Inferno film directed by Nolan, there is no way in hell (ha!) he is doing this.