Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
ChristNolan wrote:Could the release date be any hint as to what kind of film it is or nah?
It's a blockbuster.

I've never been this excited over a fucking release date.

Forum Pro
Law
Sky007 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Could the release date be any hint as to what kind of film it is or nah?
Yes. It is a thriller about a man who regrets a decision and is consumed by guilt so he enters a fantasy world that mirrors his psychosis. He eventually finds catharsis.
Nah, it's a film about a man who regrets a decision to leave his master by taking on his own venture. He sets on a journey through bad script writing and horrible direction and eventually finds himself in the deepest hole imaginable.

Sources say Christian Bale is being eyed for Wally Pfister

BlairCo wrote:I've never been this excited over a fucking release date.
Interstellar? :P

Edit: I'd freak out if it is either an alternate history, steampunk, cyberpunk, or disaster film.

There's a good chance Zimmer is already sketching out ideas, so-to-speak.

Allstar wrote:Breaking:

Michael Caine joins playing a wise mentor type.
:clap:

I also hope to see Pfister return.

TeddyBlass wrote:There's a good chance Zimmer is already sketching out ideas, so-to-speak.
Eric Whitacre, who worked with him in a small way on Pirates 4 and is a really special composer in his own right, said the other day that he's beginning four months of writing with Hans for an upcoming film... could be this, which is an exceptionally exciting prospect.

TIFF,Krampus Trailer,Sam Smith Bond Announcement and now this.....head just exploded

Nolan has progressively been getting more and more operatic since The Prestige. I think he came fairly close the apotheosis of that style in Interstellar, but he hasn't perfect it yet. I can't wait to see how he pushes it and potentially fully realizes it here.

And yea, Zimmer and Nolan are probably already creating the music. Like Leone, it's be cool if Nolan played the score on set to sync up the visuals with it.

The Taxman wrote:It says a lot that the only two words I need to get excited about a movie are "Christopher Nolan"