Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I think Nolan's version could be better than Scorsese's. Don't get me wrong, I love The Aviator, even with that Technicolor bullshit, which I understand, but I kinda hate. I read Nolan's version would adapt an older Hughes, hard OCD years and all that stuff, which is my favorite part from The Aviator. I'm not that sure about Jim Carrey, I mean, he's a great actor and all, but anyway. In Nolan I trust.

Havoc1st wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Warren Beatty is doing his own Howard Hughes film set in 1958, so I'm not sure how Nolan would be able to get his version off the ground.
That, i did not know.
MOST people don't know about it. At first I thought Nolan might find it troublsome that he waited 10 years only to have someone else make theirs...but I don't see much buzz around this movie. If Nolan is ready, I think he'll do it.

Also, maybe Nolan legit doesn't care anymore. He said after making TDKR "Luckily I managed to find another wealthy, quirky character who's orphaned at a young age."

I NEED to see Carrey and Nolan combine their genius for this Hughes film. An older Carrey, showing some acting chops again with Chris directing, would be phenomenal.

shauner111 wrote:I NEED to see Carrey and Nolan combine their genius for this Hughes film. An older Carrey, showing some acting chops again with Chris directing, would be phenomenal.
yeah but biopics are boring tho

It definitely looks like we're not gonna get another Nolan film till at least 2017.

This whole Quay thing is a nice thing to have though. It's looking like we won't get an announcement until fall. Maybe after the blu ray release of Quay. Late October is my guess.

Quite surprised that so many people seem so keen on the Hughes movie. Personally I find the idea a little boring. I don't see any real need for another Howard Hughes movie and would rather Nolan use this time in his career to carry on doing the epic original blockbuster type movies.

If the script is that great, let someone else have a go at directing it or leave it a few years.

I think it's time for Nolan to go back to his root. Sure his blockbuster films are great, but they're not as interesting as his smaller non action films which they desplay more innovations and expirements. I just hope he do Howard Hughes next, Jim Carrey once said it was similar to Memento.

T-minus 10 wrote:I think it's time for Nolan to go back to his root. Sure his blockbuster films are great, but they're not as interesting as his smaller non action films which they desplay more innovations and expirements. I just hope he do Howard Hughes next, Jim Carrey once said it was similar to Memento.
Shut up