Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Short documentary is literally in the news articles that broke the story.

ChristNolan wrote:Short documentary is literally in the news articles that broke the story.
By "news" articles you mean online articles. These people are just about as clueless as anyone else. I'm willing to bet anyone it's a fictional short.

genloovers wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
genloovers wrote:I don't know why so many are assuming 'Quay' is a documentary. I mean, it's part of a line up of shorts that are fictional. My bet is that 'Quay' is a fictional movie based on Nolan's love for the Quays. It won't be a documentary at all.
:roll:

You do know most of the info on IMDB is user submitted, right?
I know, but they check the information before an actual adding on the site. This is not Wikipedia!

Lord Shade wrote: I know, but they check the information before an actual adding on the site. This is not Wikipedia!
IMDb is the Wikipedia of movies.

Havoc1st wrote:
Lord Shade wrote: I know, but they check the information before an actual adding on the site. This is not Wikipedia!
IMDb is the Wikipedia of movies.
You can write anything on Wikipedia, and this will be added on an actual site immediately. But you can't add anything on the IMDb's front page of a movie without checking this info by IMDb's moderators.

Geez... it is a documentary. What the hell else would it be? Why do you even think it's not a documentary? It's like if they announced Ridley Scott is directing a sci-fi and you said "But why do you guys think it's a sci-fi? It could be a western. IMDb is just the Wikipedia of films". What the fuck.

I know, but they check the information before an actual adding on the site. This is not Wikipedia!
All IMDB does is check the internet for verification. In this case, they probably checked one of the online articles which said it was a documentary and confirmed the submission. There are a ton of erroneous submissions that slip through the cracks and the IMDB moderators are sometimes more clueless and gullible than the people submitting.

genloovers wrote:

All IMDB does is check the internet for verification. In this case, they probably checked one of the online articles which said it was a documentary and confirmed the submission. There are a ton of erroneous submissions that slip through the cracks and the IMDB moderators are sometimes more clueless and gullible than the people submitting.
I think all we're trying to say is, sorry, it's NOT going to be a fictional short.

genloovers wrote:I don't know why so many are assuming 'Quay' is a documentary. I mean, it's part of a line up of shorts that are fictional. My bet is that 'Quay' is a fictional movie based on Nolan's love for the Quays. It won't be a documentary at all.
i'm intrigued, please elaborate