Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
thegreypilgrim wrote:Kubrick's unrealized Napoleon epic or bust.
It would be great, but I think Spielberg is working on it for a miniseries.

After reading way too many complaint about exposition, I want Nolan to make a movie without any exposition whatsoever.

Pratham wrote:After reading way too many complaint about exposition, I want Nolan to make a movie without any exposition whatsoever.
Pretty much every movie has exposition.

Pratham wrote:After reading way too many complaint about exposition, I want Nolan to make a movie without any exposition whatsoever.
So a Terrence Malick film?

Allstar wrote:Pretty much every movie has exposition.
I know that. But I'm tired of hearing complaints about exposition in Nolan films.
BlairCo wrote:So a Terrence Malick film?
sure but without the monologues and nature shots plox

cuz that makes film pretentious :angel:

Read some quotes on Nolan just an hour ago that made me think he is doing the Hughes project next.
"When I look back, the key thing for me when we started to get traction for Following on the festival circuit was that I had already finished the script for Memento," said Nolan. "So, as soon as we’d got any credibility for Following and people asked what I wanted to do next, I was able to go: 'Here’s a script.' And it was a script that was related, in structural terms, to Following."
Seems like he already has an idea what he is going to do down the road. And Interstellar was whispered as well as Inception before they were made official. AKA there was knowledge of the script or idea of a script in the public. Well everyone on here knows he wrote the Hughes project and he said it's the best thing he ever wrote. I just don't see him tossing that thing easily and he can do whatever he wants now. I hope thats it. Cranston+Nolan+Hughes Project=Oscar Gold

If not a western would be really neat. Or maybe a con flick, I think he would do a killer smart con flick.

I think whatever he does next in 2016 or 2017 I think the following film is pretty much written in stone it's going be Bond.

I want Nolan to make a movie with ONLY exposition in the script. Now that could be ambitious.

Aili wrote:OK. He said he had a project he drafted as a teenager. What would a teenage boy in England daydream about? Something exotic for him. I think it'll be a Western.

But I wish it would be Death & the Compass.
He also came up with Inception as a teenager. So it could be anything. Westerns are so boring and unrelatable, so I hope not.

WelcometoNoLand wrote:Read some quotes on Nolan just an hour ago that made me think he is doing the Hughes project next.
"When I look back, the key thing for me when we started to get traction for Following on the festival circuit was that I had already finished the script for Memento," said Nolan. "So, as soon as we’d got any credibility for Following and people asked what I wanted to do next, I was able to go: 'Here’s a script.' And it was a script that was related, in structural terms, to Following."
Seems like he already has an idea what he is going to do down the road. And Interstellar was whispered as well as Inception before they were made official. AKA there was knowledge of the script or idea of a script in the public. Well everyone on here knows he wrote the Hughes project and he said it's the best thing he ever wrote. I just don't see him tossing that thing easily and he can do whatever he wants now. I hope thats it. Cranston+Nolan+Hughes Project=Oscar Gold

If not a western would be really neat. Or maybe a con flick, I think he would do a killer smart con flick.

I think whatever he does next in 2016 or 2017 I think the following film is pretty much written in stone it's going be Bond.

Cranston? What an awful choice that would be. If he does the hughes movie--which he never will--his casting choice of Jim Carrey is unbeatable. Nolan knows how to cast better than anyone. Cranston is overrated and an awful actor in my opinion; he has absolutely no range and his beady little bug eyes don't convey much. And I'll eat my hat if Nolan ever casts him in anything, because he never will.

genloovers wrote: Westerns are so boring and unrelatable, so I hope not.
You can fuck right off.