Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Anyone else think that if Nolan wins for Best Director, a part of his speech will include a campaign push to keep cinema alive and strong?

Fantastic interview.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Anyone else think that if Nolan wins for Best Director, a part of his speech will include a campaign push to keep cinema alive and strong?
Yes, most probably.

With this big interview and him doing the AFI Fest next, not to mention all those industry screenings he's personally attending, he clearly is putting a lot of effort into campaigning for Dunkirk. I'm a little bit taken aback by it. We saw none of this for Dark Knight, Inception and Interstellar, at least not to this extent. Haha, but after going so long without an acknowledgment from your peers in directing, I guess, it starts to feel personal.

I just hope he gets on another THR roundtable, that was really entertaining last time.

With Spielberg, Del Toro, PTA, Peele and Villeneuve. Make it happen.

That would be sooo awesome but way too good to be true, lol.

I think it'll probably be Nolan, Guadagnino, Peele, Del Toro, Wright, McDonagh, Rees or Gerwig. I think Spielberg and PTA will both be far too busy finishing up their films to attend. I don't think Villeneuve's film is much of an awards contender.

Sanchez wrote:I just hope he gets on another THR roundtable, that was really entertaining last time.

With Spielberg, Del Toro, PTA, Peele and Villeneuve. Make it happen.

cooldude wrote:That would be sooo awesome but way too good to be true, lol.

I think it'll probably be Nolan, Guadagnino, Peele, Del Toro, Wright, McDonagh, Rees or Gerwig. I think Spielberg and PTA will both be far too busy finishing up their films to attend. I don't think Villeneuve's film is much of an awards contender.
Hey, I was just pointing out the best possible outcome.

Lol, I know, I’m too much of a pessimist.

Found out that ,after finally watching Dunkirk for the first time last night, most of the harbour act was shot 40 minutes away from where I live.Could have got some great BTS shots :facepalm: