Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Interesting and funny "exit survey" of Dunkirk

The ‘Dunkirk’ Exit Survey
Is this Christopher Nolan’s best? Who had the strongest turtleneck? And what about Harry Styles? The Ringer staff tackles those questions and more.
Coley: This isn’t even a debate. Tom Glynn-Carney’s "Peter" is one of the greatest turtleneck performances ever captured on film. These impressive Michael Fassbender showings are in the ballpark, but my god, Peter! Is that a wine?
https://www.theringer.com/2017/7/24/160 ... 3b17b8bda8

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:I don't think a lot of people realize this is Nolan's horror film.

Even the emotional tone of the ending is consciously layered with the fact that alooot more suffering is about to happen.
Indeed. I keep telling people it's a suspense/horror film, and I firmly believe that
Harry agrees. It's canon.

i'm better off not reading that

Everyone's better off not reading that lol

Flickreel: 5 actors not to forget come awards season
By Nick Spake
https://www.flickreel.com/5-actors-not- ... ds-season/
The Cast of Dunkirk

Okay, so I’m kind of cheating because this means the list technically has more than five actors, but the entire cast of Dunkirk is worthy of recognition. Christopher Nolan’s war epic had powerful performance across the board from Kenneth Branagh, Mark Rylance, and Cillian Murphy. Harry Styles in particular turned in surprisingly emotive work as a private fighting for his life. To think, Nolan wasn’t even aware of his singing background when he cast him in the role. While it’s hard to say which actor deserves to be singled out the most, at least one deserves an acting nomination.

I was just searching Google for recent Dunkirk articles that mention Nolan, instead of searching just news stories since news was light. I forget if I had any other search terms (like Harry Styles).

Re how they found it - they are probably an Ancestry.com member - Ancestry seems to monetize the access to all of the genealogical data, including data that used to be free (Ellis Island, Mormon database etc.)

For people in Italy - there will be showings in the original English voices? (hopefully not just Harry's original voice)...
http://www.teamworld.it/news/cinema/dun ... al-cinema/

Partial translation:
"Harry Styles's voice must be ... the voice of Harry Styles," fans said, excited about Harry's anticipated debut on the big screen.

Warner Bros. has accepted the Community's request: ONLY August 31 and September 6 you will be able to see "Dunkirk" in SUBTITLE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE and listen to Harry Styles' true voice!

It will be beautiful and exciting to hear Harry's voice on the big screen: not on the home PC, not from the headphones, but IN A CINEMA! Do not miss the opportunity to watch the Dunkirk projection in the original language.

Below is the list of rooms where you can see the film in its original language: