Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
And just a note - Tommy does not actually say "Alex" in the film - he says that line without the "Alex, ".

Yeah, because he addresses all the Highlanders. He's not looking straight at Alex at that point, iirc.

Oku
dunkirktrash wrote:Harry's at #28? That's impressive considering he's not on Dunkirk's homepage. You need to go to full cast to see him.

Also, found this and I'm a bit surprised:
Fascinating, thank you for sharing.

Interesting that Farrier has more lines and more screen time(?) than Collins, when many of us thought that Farrier would die quickly and Collins would be the lead of the air portion.

Thank goodness that didn't turn out to be true. :lol:

Dunkirk star Sir Mark Rylance: dredging Goodwin Sands "disrespectful"
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/ ... in-130149/
He said: "During the filming of Chris Nolan's Dunkirk, I was at times at sea a few hundred yards off the actual beach of Dunkirk. I was very aware that we were reenacting a real and horrific tragedy for tens of thousands of brave young men who never made it home but died and fell to their resting places in the sand beneath our little boats. The memory of their all too brief lives was almost palpable in the shallow waters surrounding the beach of Dunkirk."

In the film, Sir Mark, who was born in Ashford, played a boat owner who bravely joined the little ships rescue mission that helped bring home hundreds of thousands of British troops in 1940.

Speaking about the Port's plans he added: "I wondered what the outcry would be in England if it was announced that France was going to dredge the sands of Dunkirk to make concrete and other construction products. Outrage I imagine. Yet, here we are still fighting to defend the last resting place of many such brave young men who perished off the coast of Dover.

Super hot take after first viewing:
Interstellar is better
Might change on second viewing, though.

SilverHeart wrote:Super hot take after first viewing:
Interstellar is better
Thank you for sharing your once-a-year Nolan post.

Interstellar is better
to quote my filmmaker friend who may one get arrested for torturing someone for misrepresenting resolution and spatial fidelity,

Dunkirk kind of makes Interstellar irrelevant.

-Vader

I liked Interstellar more, myself.

Doesn't make me like Dunkirk any less as a result.

Interstellar is better
lol did you really see this movie?

I'm also a much bigger fan of Interstellar than Dunkirk. Doesn't seem a very bold hot take. Dunkirk is still a beautiful, meticulously crafted movie.