Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
IMDb down to 8.7 with 57K votes. I wonder how high it ends up?

Three frickin days to go, can't handle this bs no more.

m4st4 wrote:Three frickin days to go, can't handle this bs no more.
Love the AV dude. Inifinty war trailer leaked yesterday looks freaking incredible.

Oku
It's depressing how many people in the comments section of this video think it's from Dunkirk (2017):

(sort by [Newest first])

okungnyo wrote:It's depressing how many people in the comments section of this video think it's from Dunkirk (2017):

(sort by [Newest first])
Didn't someone say this scene is more accurate, than the scene we get in Nolans Dunkirk? Lol

Oku
Who did??

Because it's not.

NotoriousWolf wrote:
okungnyo wrote:It's depressing how many people in the comments section of this video think it's from Dunkirk (2017):

(sort by [Newest first])
Didn't someone say this scene is more accurate, than the scene we get in Nolans Dunkirk? Lol
Yeah the son of a veteran said that. The funny part is the veterans who were actually there said that Nolan's Dunkirk was accurate. So my guess is, that son is just an attention seeker.

okungnyo wrote: You're Norwegian?

And that's clickbait outrage blown out of proportion.

Nobody in France is angry except for a small group of vocal critics.
Yeah, it's even in my bio. :P

And you're right, it definitely seem exaggerated.

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
Putting this under spoiler tags in case we still have people who haven't watched it.
Just wanted to mention something, after my first viewing I was confused as to why Peter and Mr. Dawson wouldn't tell the soldier that George had died and I found their lack of emotion unbelievable but after watching it again last night that scene gave me serious goosebumps. The glances they exchanged and the fact that they were able to control their own emotions after having just lost a good friend in order to spare the feelings of this soldier who had already been through so much .. amazing. Chokes me up a little thinking about it now. :cry:

Also, the way Peter drags Tommy through the water in order to save him from the fire? That also hit me hard last night. Tom GC really did an amazing job in this movie!

Multiple 70mm/5perf film cells that were handed out at 70mm screenings are already on Ebay. Currently the price range is 30-40 dollars.