Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
So glad
Michael Caine is in this.

redfirebird2008 wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:Just watched Dunkirk. Suffice to say that the hype is legitimate. This is Nolan's best since TDK. My butthole is still clinched.
Is it Michael Caine's voice we hear on the radio talking with Farrier and Collins? I've watched the prologue numerous times but I didn't recognise his voice until now. A Nolan film without Caine is incomplete. They had to bring him back in some form or another?
Some people are stating yes. I'll have to re-watch again to figure out.

When I was watching the credits, at the end he is one of a few people listed in the Special Thanks bit. He is otherwise uncredited.
Nolan confirmed it in an interview posted earlier this week.
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... night.html

Q: Speaking of the cast - and stop me if this is meant to be a secret - but is that a Michael Caine cameo we hear early in the film? Talking on the radio to the RAF man?

A: Yes, good for you for spotting him. It's shocking to me that a lot of people haven't, when he has really one of the most distinctive voices in cinema. I wanted very much to squeeze him in here. It's a bit of a nod to his character in "Battle of Britain." And also, it's Michael. He has to be in all my films, after all.

Ha! Good for me for spotting him as well.

Blasting Hans Zimmer music over the stereo of my store today lol

OMG. Nolan you are fucking insane. I loved it. And we also got a Little gift from the theatre. How DO you upload an picture into the field?

Will write something longer when i havet processed it.

100/100

Strochakovic wrote:OMG. Nolan you are fucking insane. I loved it. And we also got a Little gift from the theatre. How DO you upload an picture into the field?

100/100
You click the 'Img'-button and put your link inside. Example:

[img]LINK[/img]

Awesome that you loved it. I'm so stoked!!

Strochakovic wrote:OMG. Nolan you are fucking insane. I loved it. And we also got a Little gift from the theatre. How DO you upload an picture into the field?

100/100
What was the little gift? And how did the theatre hand it out? (I'm curious as to how the theatre will distribute shirts/IMAX reels to people on Thursday night showings of it).

Seeing this in 9 minutes. See you in two hours guys

I feel like I'm in the Stone Age at this point. So many here have already seen it