Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
How many dogfights do you think are in the movie including the prologue? Really hoping the prologue dogfight isn't the only and best one.

seems like there'd be more than one dogfight, given that the story is told from the viewpoint of land, sea and air....but only one way for us to know for sure.

8-)

:wave:

Interesting article.
Mark Rylance glad Dunkirk doesn't 'glamorise' war
http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/enterta ... morise-war

Excerpts:
Mark Rylance made sure his new movie Dunkirk didn't "glamorise" war before singing onto it.

The Oscar-winning actor stars in Christopher Nolan's latest blockbuster, based on the rescue of Allied soldiers in France during World War II.

As a patron of charity Peace Direct, dedicated to bringing an end to war "one person at a time", Rylance was extra wary of how the famous events from 1940 would be dictated on the silver screen.

"I had a conversation with Chris, right at the beginning," he recalled to Saga magazine. "It didn't feel like it was glamorising war, but I just needed to check that that was his opinion, too - and it was. I speak out about conscientious objection and all that, because war exists.

"It was important to me to be part of a film that portrays the situation faithfully and truthfully, where people are really dying and there are real consequences. It's not a game."
The craft that we were in was from the 1930s; the soldiers were on very old warships that they resurrected for the film," the 57-year-old actor explained. "And they were like tin cans. You think, 'My God, the bravery of it!' The machinery of warfare at that time had great guns and engines, but the shielding and protection was pretty lousy."

Nolan article - includes quotes from Nolan from the Telegraph's Saturday Magazine, and possibly a new still.
New Dunkirk film won't feature Churchill so it doesn't get 'bogged down' with politics
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07 ... -politics/
Last edited by dormouse7 on July 8th, 2017, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oku
I posted that article already and spoiler tagged it because the link and title are a spoiler.

Forum Pro
Law
Nothing in that article says it won't feature Churchill. The actual quote from Nolan is "we don't see Churchill"

The title of the article says that. I copied and pasted it.

Oku
I think Law was speaking out loud to the author of the article, not you. :)

I stuck a spoiler around it but not sure how that is a spoiler that a particular historical character is not in the film. Nolan already said
all of the characters in the film are fictional.