Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Interview with IMAX Tech Chief
..(Nolan) will be using it in the upcoming [World War II drama] Dunkirk. He’s actually filmed quite a bit of it using these super high-resolution cameras
...but Nolan’s new one, from what I’ve seen, will be hard to beat. The cinematography, the realism, all based on the trailers in the venue. I almost felt like I was getting stressed!
In Dunkirk, there is a dogfight sequence between planes and you feel like you are sitting in this plane. It’s the most realistic thing I’ve ever felt. The whole theatre was vibrating and you feel like you are in this vintage aircraft. I was amazed by that.
https://theculturetrip.com/europe/unite ... ancements/

Hemant Balot wrote:Nolan says he’d been impressed with Whitehead from the very first time he saw him. “There’s a naturalness and a genuineness to the way Fionn performs that’s extraordinary,” said the director, who also wrote the screenplay for “Dunkirk.” “He’s got a very charismatic presence. He reminds me of a young Tom Courtenay.”
Seems about right:

Yeah I googled them both yesterday and was kinda blown away by the resemblance.

IS the prologue playing with Furious in some IMAX theaters? I heard this rumor.

prowlercomesaround wrote:
Hemant Balot wrote:Nolan says he’d been impressed with Whitehead from the very first time he saw him. “There’s a naturalness and a genuineness to the way Fionn performs that’s extraordinary,” said the director, who also wrote the screenplay for “Dunkirk.” “He’s got a very charismatic presence. He reminds me of a young Tom Courtenay.”
Seems about right:
well damn

Yeah we know already

From WB Pictures Canada on Twitter 5 hours ago:

Forum Pro
Law
User of Interest wrote:From WB Pictures Canada on Twitter 5 hours ago:

old