Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
What if all those Facebook-pictures is a decoy? To distract us from something 50 times bigger? Maybe Nolan is planning to take us by surprise.

Oku
Nomis wrote:@innovator: true, I'm just surprised we still haven't gotten confirmation yet. Trailer could also be with Wonder Woman... Although that seems a bit late imo
If it is coming with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and if they operate on the same timetable as they did for the previous trailers, confirmation will come before April 28, i.e. within seven days.

Announcement:
confirmed on Friday, July 22, 2016
(13 days later)
released on Thursday, August 4, 2016
(one day before Suicide Squad's August 5, 2016 release)

Trailer 1:
confirmed on Thursday, December 8, 2016
(six days later)
released on Wednesday, December 14, 2016
(two days before Rogue One's December 16, 2016 release)

So judging by the above, my speculation is:

Trailer 2:
to be confirmed on between now and April 28
to be released between May 3 and May 4

Yeah, if it's coming with Guardians, I'm confident we'll have confirmation next week. I honestly don't think it will be released with Wonder Woman, it feels too late specially when we're seeing TV spots this early (we *could* get a different trailer with WW though, like the last Interstellar trailer). There are other relevant movie releases in May, but it would be a missed opportunity to not use Guardian's huge OW.

The pic they used in the latest trivia is definitely new, looks screen-captured.

The online campaign to reveal the new trailer starts this weekend/early next week, probably Monday. 8-)

Innovator wrote:Yeah, if it's coming with Guardians, I'm confident we'll have confirmation next week. I honestly don't think it will be released with Wonder Woman, it feels too late specially when we're seeing TV spots this early (we *could* get a different trailer with WW though, like the last Interstellar trailer). There are other relevant movie releases in May, but it would be a missed opportunity to not use Guardian's huge OW.

The pic they used in the latest trivia is definitely new, looks screen-captured.
It's 100% with Guardians. No "if" about it. 8-)

Innovator wrote:Yeah, if it's coming with Guardians, I'm confident we'll have confirmation next week. I honestly don't think it will be released with Wonder Woman, it feels too late specially when we're seeing TV spots this early (we *could* get a different trailer with WW though, like the last Interstellar trailer). There are other relevant movie releases in May, but it would be a missed opportunity to not use Guardian's huge OW.

Wouldn't be surprised if they do a special IMAX trailer, consisting of only IMAX shots, attached to Wonder Woman

I come to the forum once every week give or take and always backread big threads like this one and it's so hard to contribute because holy shit the pages filled with unbacked rumours and pointless bickering lol.

My biased ass can't wait for this film and thinks it'll be fantastic, WB insider be damned.

Oku
Nomis wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if they do a special IMAX trailer, consisting of only IMAX shots, attached to Wonder Woman
Didn't they do that IMAX trailer for Interstellar only because a prologue was impossible? (Because, you know, the only prologue-worthy IMAX footage in the opening act is that ten second scene of Cooper crashing the plane.)

But then again, the Dunkirk prologue was shown on digital IMAX screens, which would have been unthinkable with The Dark Knight Rises prologue.

So anything's possible.
dunkirktrash wrote:I come to the forum once every week give or take and always backread big threads like this one and it's so hard to contribute because holy shit the pages filled with unbacked rumours and pointless bickering lol.

My biased ass can't wait for this film and thinks it'll be fantastic, WB insider be damned.
Agreed.

Nomis wrote:

Yeah, I hope that happens. They better go all out promotion-wise.
dunkirktrash wrote:I come to the forum once every week give or take and always backread big threads like this one and it's so hard to contribute because holy shit the pages filled with unbacked rumours and pointless bickering lol.
True, but at least we're focusing on Nolan and the actual movie itself.

The unbacked rumours and pointless bickerings happened in every movie threads.
It's not Dunkirk specific. It's part of the fun of being here imo.