Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Forum Pro
okungnyo wrote:On a side note, anyone else think that the rumored 2-day early release for film-print screens is not happening?

WB seems to be pushing the July 21 date pretty hard, and it would be confusing (for general audiences who don't follow film news that closely) if WB suddenly came out and said "it's July 19 now...but only for some screens".

Although that's exactly what Paramount for Interstellar...so who knows.
It's going to happen, its been on all the marketing materials.

And like you said they're pushing the 7/21 date hard for the general audience.

Oku
Joshua Strong wrote:
okungnyo wrote:On a side note, anyone else think that the rumored 2-day early release for film-print screens is not happening?

WB seems to be pushing the July 21 date pretty hard, and it would be confusing (for general audiences who don't follow film news that closely) if WB suddenly came out and said "it's July 19 now...but only for some screens".

I'm confused, the July 19 date has been on the marketing materials?

The WB presentation starts at 4:30PM PDT, which is 12:30AM in UK time, in case some EU folks decide to stay up for twitter reactions.

Forum Pro
okungnyo wrote:
Joshua Strong wrote:

I'm confused, the July 19 date has been on the marketing materials?
I am talking about the special engagements in 35mm, 70mm, and IMAX 70mm

A little heads-up, panel starts in about 2.5 hours.

CinemaCon Schedule:
WARNER BROS. PICTURES INVITES YOU TO “THE BIG PICTURE”, AN EXCLUSIVE PRESENTATION OF OUR UPCOMING SLATE
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM

;)

which one is u

I'm not in this pic :lol:

But i play in another big scene...

Oku
ChristMAX wrote:

As I said in a previous post, IMAX Melbourne is presenting Dunkirk in IMAX 70mm for a July 20 release date. Not sure whether this is because it's in Australia or just being released early?
Yes, it's probably because it's in Australia.
I'm confused, can you explain what you meant by the pic and the smilies??