Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Oku
DudeBro wrote:Any thoughts on the fact that Dunkirk is pretty much finished and has a rating, maybe it will play at Cannes after all?
Anyone with money/strings to pull can get into Cannes, right?

That means eager fans will get in, and one of them will leak spoilers two months before the film's release.

Can't see Mr. Nolan, notorious for secrecy, risk letting that happening.

It's not as if there's an ending we don't know about, right? We all know the Dunkirk story now. Having it screened at Cannes isn't exactly going to spoil the party, IMO. It will only give it more cred and more interest as far as I can imagine, so I'm all for it showing at Cannes .

Oku
Shady1 wrote:It's not as if there's an ending we don't know about, right? We all know the Dunkirk story now. Having it screened at Cannes isn't exactly going to spoil the party, IMO. It will only give it more cred and more interest as far as I can imagine, so I'm all for it showing at Cannes .
There can be spoilers on which characters die, I'd say that's a pretty big deal...
Last edited by Oku on March 15th, 2017, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dormouse7 wrote:I was fine w/ PG-13 all along. I assumed it would be PG-13. I don't like graphic gore. I don't go to graphic gore movies or slasher movies, etc.
I'm the same! I can't handle gore and miss a lot of good movies because of it (like Logan). I'm glad Dunkirk is PG-13 because I don't want to miss a Nolan movie!

Batman-News.com wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:I was fine w/ PG-13 all along. I assumed it would be PG-13. I don't like graphic gore. I don't go to graphic gore movies or slasher movies, etc.
I'm the same! I can't handle gore and miss a lot of good movies because of it (like Logan). I'm glad Dunkirk is PG-13 because I don't want to miss a Nolan movie!
This place has sorta become like a mini circlejerk for Logan, but rightfully so, and violence shouldn't stop you from seeing it, if you're interested tbh.

okungnyo wrote:
Shady1 wrote:It's not as if there's an ending we don't know about, right? We all know the Dunkirk story now. Having it screened at Cannes isn't exactly going to spoil the party, IMO. It will only give it more cred and more interest as far as I can imagine, so I'm all for it showing at Cannes .
There can be spoilers on which characters die, I'd say that's a pretty big deal...
Yup. Nolan wouldn't risk it.

Oku
Batman-News.com wrote:
Wow, do you really run Batman-News.com?

Are you on these forums often?

Never seen a website become an anthropomorphized member on the forums of another website before.

Batman-News.com wrote:
Shame. You're really missing out.
It's only a few chopped off heads yo :P

okungnyo wrote:
Batman-News.com wrote:
Wow, do you really run Batman-News.com?

Are you on these forums often?

Never seen a website become an anthropomorphized member on the forums of another website before.
Yep! Used to hang around here a lot more during the Batman days, but I'm still a Nolan fan and like to pop in from time to time :)