Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

I remember there were being rumors about a bootcamp before the beginning of filming. Does anyone know something about that?

I don't think this was shared anywhere here yet so here's Cillian Murphy talking about working with Nolan again (in a red carpet interview from a couple of days ago at the premiere of Anthropoid).
https://twitter.com/stylesmovienews/sta ... 704358914l

This is the third time he is asked about it this week but it's interesting to hear him say that Nolan is very "loyal" to him :)
Last edited by Manal10 on August 8th, 2016, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

willaartwillem wrote:I remember there were being rumors about a bootcamp before the beginning of filming. Does anyone know something about that?
As far as I know that did not happen.

dormouse7 wrote:
willaartwillem wrote:I remember there were being rumors about a bootcamp before the beginning of filming. Does anyone know something about that?
I wonder where that rumor came from then. Probably some bad gossip website

willaartwillem wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:
I wonder where that rumor came from then. Probably some bad gossip website
It was The Sun. They had "exclusively" learned that the cast would undergo a military boot camp in the UK south prior to the shooting. Lol.

Bacon wrote:Making a list as we speak. The Thin Red Line and Inglorious Basterds were already on it. 8-)
Watch Fury mate it really good

Dunkirk mentioned in A Sneak Peak at Possible 2017 Box Office Hits
http://www.dailysabah.com/cinema/2016/0 ... ffice-hits

Also, news has a number of articles about the "bad extra". Prior to that lots of articles claiming One Direction fans were mad because Harry wasn't in the teaser (which was not true since by the time it was released most fans knew it would have no actor faces in it).

IMAX just posted the trailer on their YouTube page and the description said it will be digitally remastered into the IMAX experience. Does this mean they aren't releasing it on 70mm? I find that hard to believe for a Nolan release.

ei18 wrote:IMAX just posted the trailer on their YouTube page and the description said it will be digitally remastered into the IMAX experience. Does this mean they aren't releasing it on 70mm? I find that hard to believe for a Nolan release.
It will probably get a very limited 70mm release because most IMAX theaters have gone digital and are no longer equipped for that kind of projection. I'm sure the official website will list which theaters will play the different formats, just like they did with Interstellar.