Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

Who knows what it is going to be? Fact is, though, that Mark Rylance signed up, and that means something. I think Nolan's screenplay has to be very original and extraordinary, also because of the release date Warner Bros. gave it.

willaartwillem wrote:I think he has a better chance due to the fact it's about WWII. If he doesn't put any sci-fi elements or whatever in it, I think Dunkirk could be Nolan's Saving Private Ryan/The Thin Red Line.

willaartwillem wrote:Who knows what it is going to be? Fact is, though, that Mark Rylance signed up, and that means something. I think Chris Nolan's screenplay has to be very original and extraordinary, also because of the release date Warner Bros. gave it.
Yes, Jonathan's absence could not made me more happier. :clap:

Lord Shade wrote:
:?: :?:

GeneMod wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
:?: :?:
Sorry, I just think that Chris is a better writer and most of his success lies in his own hands. I guess it's some kind of my personal point of view, because I loved:

- Inception, entirely;

- The story of The Dark Knight Rises written by Chris (not so much the actual screenplay written by Jonah) + some of the characters Chris developed with actors personally;

- The changes Chris made in Interstellar's original screenplay by Jonah, especially Doctor Mann instead of crazy chinese robots and mad Doyle, and cutting off the entire Cooper/Amelia romance.

So, I'm excited for Dunkirk even more, because I think, in terms of writing, it will be the second Inception.

Lord Shade wrote: Sorry, I just think that Chris is a better writer and most of his success lies in his own hands. I guess it's some kind of my personal point of view, because I loved:

- Inception, entirely;

- The story of The Dark Knight Rises written by Chris (not so much the actual screenplay written by Jonah) + some of the characters Chris developed with actors personally;

- The changes Chris made in Interstellar's original screenplay by Jonah, especially Doctor Mann instead of crazy chinese robots and mad Doyle, and cutting off the entire Cooper/Amelia romance.

So, I'm excited for Dunkirk even more, because I think, in terms of writing, it will be the second Inception.
I completely agree. Though the two brothers delivered amazing work, Chris will do fine on his own.

This shit starts shooting in like two months. Are we going to get anything else before then or what

I'd reaaally love Chris to be nominated for directing and screenplay, and Hardy to be nominated for leading role or supporting role, whatever he's in. For them to win would be amazing. I'd enjoy seeing Nolan receiving two Oscars in one night.

NotNolan wrote:I'd reaaally love Chris to be nominated for directing and screenplay, and Hardy to be nominated for leading role or supporting role, whatever he's in. For them to win would be amazing. I'd enjoy seeing Nolan receiving two Oscars in one night.
How about eleven Oscars.