Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
masterpiece is a strong, and inaccurate, word. However, RISES was a good primer for Nolan to do this full fledged WWII flick...even though I feel the WWII Genre is a bit tired.

circa wrote:masterpiece is a strong, and inaccurate, word. However, RISES was a good primer for Nolan to do this full fledged WWII flick...even though I feel the WWII Genre is a bit tired.
If you want to hear the same old song played over at IMDB boards I suggest you go elsewhere.

circa wrote:masterpiece is a strong, and inaccurate, word. However, RISES was a good primer for Nolan to do this full fledged WWII flick...even though I feel the WWII Genre is a bit tired.
But it's Chris Nolan, which likely means it won't be "just another" WWII movie. :gonf:

MyCocaine wrote:
If you want to hear the same old song played over at IMDB boards I suggest you go elsewhere.

So you're suggesting critical thought and logically based opinions are not welcomed here

circa wrote:
MyCocaine wrote:

So you're suggesting critical thought and logically based opinions are not welcomed here
Where do you think you are

Ive always wondered since Nolan is red and green color blind. If this movie has alot of blood. When Nolan is on set messing with like fake intestines. And when he watches the movie. Does he see gray blood/gore in his eyes?

There are special glasses to correct color blindness during the wearing. Maybe when on set he wears lenses instead.

BobCobb wrote:Ive always wondered since Nolan is red and green color blind. If this movie has alot of blood. When Nolan is on set messing with like fake intestines. And when he watches the movie. Does he see gray blood/gore in his eyes?
I am red and green color blind. I have the feeling that I have to clear things up a bit: red and green colorblindness does NOT mean you can't see those colors. It means you see them differently and it's hard to distinguish them from other colors. For me, and I think for Nolan too, it means that it is hard to see the difference between (dark) green and red.

For example, I can't see any difference between the left and right side on this picture: https://www.google.nl/search?q=red+and+ ... NvnuyaM%3A

But I can see colors perfectly in real life, I don't have any trouble with it. Only with those tests actually.

So I was right about Dunkirk being a working title.

It never felt quite right with that title. Exited to see what he comes up with.

MyCocaine wrote:So I was right about Dunkirk being a working title.

It never felt quite right with that title. Exited to see what he comes up with.
not to say youre wrong, but i wouldn't take that announcement as confirmation it's merely a working title