Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Seriously, I think I'd be better off reading it untranslated, and I don't even speak French.

Is it strange that I understand the translation completely?

Dobson wrote:Is it strange that I understand the translation completely?
We do as well, but it's never a bad thing to have some fun.

I think, in terms of Nolan's previous works, Dunkirk will be more similar to The Dark Knight Rises, but this time without caped superheroes, masked terrorists and vengeful daughters.

Just curious, did any of you knew about that particular WWII event before the announcement?

Is it a big deal in France and in the UK? I never heard of it in Canada and I'm not an history noob

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Just curious, did any of you knew about that particular WWII event before the announcement?

Is it a big deal in France and in the UK? I never heard of it in Canada and I'm not an history noob
I live in Hungary and if you're a little bit into history (more than the average), it's a well-known event, I would say. And it's definitely a well-known moment in history for the British.

So looks like Nolan will use a different visual effects supervisor this time: instead of Paul Franklin he'll work with Andrew Jackson (Mad Max: Fury Road).

bapi wrote:So looks like Nolan will use a different visual effects supervisor this time: instead of Paul Franklin he'll work with Andrew Jackson (Mad Max: Fury Road).
How do you know that?

bapi wrote:So looks like Nolan will use a different visual effects supervisor this time: instead of Paul Franklin he'll work with Andrew Jackson (Mad Max: Fury Road).
oh fuck yea

Jackson might be just one of the supervisors. It doesn't mean that Double Negative and Franklin himself won't work on it as well.